About black metal

Dark idea

Jul 7, 2003
Quebec
Visit site
I don't know if you guys listen to black metal...but Immortal has split up and this is terrible!!! Well.....anyone has info on this aanouncment? People say..abbath and horg will start a new band....any idea what kind of music it is? also people say...immortal are taking a break??? Any info ?

you remind me of the good ol' black days. i miss being grim and necro. >:[

Check the official site;

S P L I T . U P

After 13 years and 7 albums we have decided to stop working with IMMORTAL due to personal reasons. A great thanks to all our fans worldwide who helped us making IMMORTAL superb through all this time.
- Abbath, Demonaz, Horgh

:wave:
G.

Yes, I have not been able to eat or sleep since I first heard this news (15 minutes ago). 'Tis too much... I cannot bear it!
Actually, I saw them at Roskilde and found them kind of boring live, not bad, but boring. Ah well, life goes on.

yeah...but some rummors from pretty much everywere says that....
1: abbath and horg will start another band together
2:Immortal are just on a break......
so...I don't know what to beleive!

Dark idea said:
yeah...but some rummors from pretty much everywere says that....
1: abbath and horg will start another band together

as i suggested elsewhere already, i reckon their rumoured "common project" has nothing to do with music and consists in them asking the nearest census office to have a couple more h's added to their names.

in any case, seeing the end result of a band called immortal, i hope for their own good they don't mean to call their next project persistency or success or anything of the sort.

Immortal are DEAD, make no mistake. Nuclear Blast stated for a while that they were just taking a break to reassure people, but after having been informed by the band on what was the case, they changed the statement on their site. Mortal indeed; dead as a dodo.

Nah... I don't really think that world is losing much with this split-up... Immortal has only one listenable song (Sons of Northern Darkness or something like that?)
So... Life goes on (even without Immortal)

Actually this kinda sucks, they were showing great
improvement on the last CD.
Especially Beyond The North Waves is quite an
amazing journey IMO.
Well, quit while you're ahead I guess.
Still 13 years is a long time by any standard.

I am sure this is not the last of what we hear of any
ex-Immortal (I guess we should start typing that
(Im)mortal from now on), seeing the amount of side
projects and so on that pop up in norway.