IMMORTAL BEST BLACK METAL BAND EVER?!

Yeah, they are definitely the best new Black metal band for me. I actually really like Imperial Crystalline Entombment. They are actually good for being an American black metal band.

Immortal is not the best BM band ever. They are quite amazing but not near the best ever. I am sort of surprised no one has mentioned Hate Forest. They are one of the most ocnsistent bands in BM ever.

From black metal:
1. Immortal
2.Mayhem

Symphonic black metal:
1.Emperor (only first album is BM)
2.Limbonic Art

EVH316 said:
Emperor? They had one good album!
LOL

Mercy/Severity said:
Emperor = greatest BM band
Symphonic Black Metal.

Erik said:
haha i lol at the fact that you say that transilvanian hunger is "more black metal" than any of the other first 4 bm albums :)
First three albums was Death Metal dude.

Profanity said:
I can't believe that on a seious Metal forum you so called Black Metal enthusiasts are picking mainstream Norweigan bands.

If you opened your minds a bit and started investigating the Polish scene then you will discover that bands such as Kataxu are more effective in creating atmosphere using slightly un-conventional techniques.
Ha, bullshit. There is only Norwegian black metal (I am not black metal head). The concept of black metal is aganist black metal mainstream, it wan´t ment the way it´s conducted now...so there are only few BM bands and they are from Norwegian and you call them mainstrem *lol*.

Birkenau said:
Yeah, Burzum and Darkthrone are hella mainstream.
NO

Fredy_Brown said:
LOL

It's true.

First three albums was Death Metal dude.

No. Only the first album was Death Metal (well, and Goatlord).

Ha, bullshit. There is only Norwegian black metal (I am not black metal head). The concept of black metal is aganist black metal mainstream, it wan´t ment the way it´s conducted now...so there are only few BM bands and they are from Norwegian and you call them mainstrem *lol*.

Way to be an idiot. Venom was from the UK, Bathory was from Sweden, Sodom was from Germany, Tormentor was from Hungary, Sarcofago was from SOUTH AMERICA, etc.

NO

sarcasm

So which album of Emperor was the best?

Venom black metal?
Sodom black metal?
Sarcofago black metal?
Hmmmm

You´ re right with Bathory and Tormentor (but I see a huge difference between Tormentor and skandinavian BM). Bathory is anomaly.

Venom created Black Metal, and everyone following (especially the Norwegian scene) completely bastardized and misinterpreted it.

Sodom, Sarcofago, Mercyful Fate, etc., were Black Metal before Norway completely changed the way people (wrongly) define Black Metal.

Fredy_Brown said:
So which album of Emperor was the best?

Venom black metal?
Sodom black metal?
Sarcofago black metal?
Hmmmm

You´ re right with Bathory and Tormentor (but I see a huge difference between Tormentor and skandinavian BM). Bathory is anomaly.
Varathron? Necromantia? Samael? Rotting Christ? Graveland? Dawnfall? Treblinka? Grotesque? Beherit?

No, Venom didn´t, Bathory does. This is one of the biggest mistakes that BM heads do.
Sodom, Sarcofago, Mercyful Fate was NEVER BM.
And that Emperor´s best album?

*edit*
Erik said:
Varathron? Necromantia? Samael? Rotting Christ? Graveland? Dawnfall? Treblinka? Grotesque? Beherit?
Black metal is product of Scandinavian culture....Norwegian mainly. This is not thing to discuss.

Dodens Grav said:
Venom created Black Metal, and everyone following (especially the Norwegian scene) completely bastardized and misinterpreted it.

Sodom, Sarcofago, Mercyful Fate, etc., were Black Metal before Norway completely changed the way people (wrongly) define Black Metal.

yes you are right when Venom released the cd Black Metal that was the first time anyone had heard of it although they basically created black metal they dont necessarily play black metal music as we know it today.

the venom cd black metal was released in 1982 but there welcome to hell cd was released in 1981 but Im not shure if that was black metal.
as for Bathory when did thay release there first cd?

Erik said:
No I really have difficulty believing that Venom released "Black Metal" on compact disc in 1982

:lol: What a dick.

Hey Fredy, Venom is fucking Black Metal. Black Metal is NOT a product of the Scandinavian culture, because, first of all, Bathory started off as Venom worship. So unless the Scandinavian culture is a rip off of the UK culture, then you're wrong. Well, actually, you're wrong anyway.

yes it might have not been released on cd but I have it on cd now because it was rereleased.

"The Venom album that birthed the term "black metal". The album was produced in 1982"

Sorry Godens, but Venom is really not BM...listen to it more...

Fredy_Brown said:
Venom´s CD black metal is NOT black metal.

and like I said it is not black metal as we know it today but it was black metal to them when we released it. they created the the name