IMMORTAL BEST BLACK METAL BAND EVER?!

I believe that only Darkthrone's first album was considered Death metal. Even Fenriz said that, and that A Blaze In The Northern Sky was their first Black metal album.

Fredy_Brown said:
"The Venom album that birthed the term "black metal". The album was produced in 1982"

Sorry Godens, but Venom is really not BM...listen to it more...

What the fuck are you, a revisionist historian? Venom was Black Metal when Oystein Aarseth and Kristian Vikernes were in fucking diapers. Changing the way the genre sounds does not change the origins of the genre nor its indoctrinal members.

I heard a song from Sons of Northern Darkness as my introduction to Immortal.:yell:

oh no,
I can say that i mostly dislike emperor and immortal,but emperor mus be one of the best musicians among black bands

my favorites are

1.Burzum
2.Bathory
3.Venom(if you concider them as a black bend)

more the any of them i like Celtic frost,but i can't say that they are black metal
it is quiet more old school metal only

I can't believe all of this arguing over what albums where black / death and whatever. Why can't it be Darkthron is Darkthrone, Venom is Venom, Beherit is Beherit, and sarcofago is fucking amazing! haha, srcofago is sarcofago...you get the point....just my stance on all of this

I,anyway think that there can't be confusion when burzum is the subject,but however,the suggestion is very inteligent.
i like it

and,besides,darkthrone is on the 4. place by my opinion

Dodens Grav said:
What the fuck are you, a revisionist historian? Venom was Black Metal when Oystein Aarseth and Kristian Vikernes were in fucking diapers. Changing the way the genre sounds does not change the origins of the genre nor its indoctrinal members.

Exactly it doesn’t matter if the sound has changed the fact remains that venom pioneered the name and they have always and will always be black metal even if they dont sound like the black metal of today.

Fredy, BM is a much wider genre then you give it credit for. It was called black metal ever since venom realesed the genre naming album. Norwegian black metal was just a development on the theme. There is a point where black metal changed from a death subgenre to its own genre, but either way, it is BM.

Immortal is not the best BM band ever. They're a fairly good band with some kickass songs and they've managed to evolve without turning shite. They just received far more exposition than many bands their level and above.

[EDIT] Not saying they haven't deserved it, honestly

one_by_one said:
opinions and critisms welcome, i think immortal are the best black metal band ever, there songs are just....theres no words to describe, abbath has an amazing stage presence and voice, he has played guitar bass drums within the band, they're just amazing!!!!!!!!

I have a one word "opinion & criticism" --- GAG!!

Heh, just kidding, never got into Immortal that much, I think there are other big name, big budget black metal bands that are much better. Marduk, for one.

Mike

Yeah, Norsecore is awesome. Listen to Stiny Plamenu for a band that does Marduk right.