About Jackson Guitar

stuckx

Metalhead
Apr 20, 2003
Quebec, Canada
www.wes44.com
i know this post is not really about Cob.. but i see a lot of guitar player here so thats why im asking that question...

Im about to buy a Rhoads Jackson, but is pickup are not EMG .. its Duncan Designed® HB-103B Humbucker

they are good or not? should i buy this one a change the pickup or just buy another jackson with emg?

thanks...

(sorry, my english sucks)

to answer your question in one word, NO.

Duncan designed are the worst pickups ever, besides stock feder squire single coils.

If i remember righ you must either be getting a RR3 or an RX10D, and it is very worth it to change the pickups on them. there is enough room in the back of the RX10D o put a battery in with the controls, so active is also an option for you.

Duncan designed aren't even made in the seymore Duncan factory.

ohh.. alright lol... the guys in the store told me the Duncan Designed was AWESOME.. but i wasnt sure.. and i always wanted to try EMG pick...

But now, wich EMG should i add to my new jackson?

one - tell the manager of that store to have that guy fired

Two - EMG's: I have a EMG 81 in my RX10D, its an active PU, but theres enough room in the control box to accomodate a battery. whatever you want to get really, its completely up to you

I have stock EMG HZs in my Jackson and they're not bad, just not good either. I'm planning on getting an 81 in the bridge but I haven't decided what I want in the neck yet.

bobvex said:
to answer your question in one word, NO.

Duncan designed are the worst pickups ever, besides stock feder squire single coils.

If i remember righ you must either be getting a RR3 or an RX10D, and it is very worth it to change the pickups on them. there is enough room in the back of the RX10D o put a battery in with the controls, so active is also an option for you.

Duncan designed aren't even made in the seymore Duncan factory.

Haha, ain't that the truth... You ever go to guitar center and play a guitar with a good pickup like an 81 in the bridge and one of those shitty Duncans in the neck, and when you switch pickups, it sounds like you turned the distortion off and are playing an acoustic?

stuckx said:
thanks for your help, but yea it's up to me, but i really dont know the difference between an HZ and a 81 ...

81 all the way. Thats all you need. If you get the HZ I will come to where ever you are and kill you with a blow torch!!! Im not fucking around here. :hotjump:

you either must be lying or have horrible hearing :p

but DD isn't even made in the Seymore Duncan Factory. Ok here an analogy you all might be able to understand,

Duncan Designed is to Seymore Duncan, as
Epiphone is to Gibson, and as
Squire is to Fender, and as
Bullet is to Squire

who the hell makes the "duncan designed" PU's anyway? they just try to copy the specs of the real seymour duncan's ....... without much success. well. i guess one thing worse than a duncan designed is having no pickup at all in your axe :D

i've never played an active pickup on my GT-3, i'd really like to know how that sounds like.

Dead Eternity said:
I got duncan designed pick ups and they aren't that bad. They are twice as good as Ibanez stock pick-ups. I heard EMG HZs and they sounded much worse than my duncan designed.

we're talking about a plugged in guitar right? just kidding :D

I have an RR-3 that came with Duncan Designed pickups, and they sounded like absolute shit. There was not a lot I could do to get a good sound. I eventually got the EMG Zakk Wylde pack and my guitar sounded 100x better.