About Meeting Opeth

tyt2000

New Metal Member
Jan 6, 2004
Tampa, FL
yojishinkawa.com
Hey, this is my first post, so I would appriciate it if I got some help.

I'm going to the Tampa, FL show on the 9th of Feb. I wana know, from what you've heard or from your experience, is it easy to meet Opeth? Do they hang out with the fans after the show?

Thanks for the info in advance...

I don't know about after the show, but before the gig, Mikael was just hanging out and smoking and so I got to chat to him for awhile with a friend. They're all pretty fucking cool dudes; laid back and easy to talk to and everything.

Anyway, enjoy the show!!!

Awesome, I'm going to the Tampa show too. Hah..see you there..

Ah, I would love to get a picture with Opeth.

You have to dress like a little 12 year old gigolo and dance seductively around their tourbus if you want quick attention.

F ROM SECURiTY!!!!!!!!! HAhahahahAQHAHHA!

they are not really big on the whole "not being seen until on stage" thing. at the boulder show for the damnation tour they were hanging out in record stores, bars, guitar shops, and even right on front of the venue for a few minutes. they are all really down to earth guys.

Most bands like Opeth are really cool about hanging out with the fans. I've met some of the guys from Amon Amarth, Vader, Goatwhore, Nile, Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage...etc. Most of them just walk around in the venue before the show. It's pretty awesome that they can do that and not get tackled by fans.

In vienna after the gig, we were chatting with all of them, they signed the posters and shirts and mike gave me his pick. they are really down to earth.

we also waited for peter before the house because he was the only one showering and when he came out we had a nice chat and he invited us to drink with him, but unfortunately we had to leave because our bus didn't waited.
but what I know is that the guys took a few drinks at the loca nearby venue bar, with the few fans that made it to the gig.

I will be attending the Tampa show as well. I guess there will be a line at the bus! Not that I am a big fan or anything........:devil:

Stang4.bmp

:worship:

It’s really strange, I met Martin L. four times, Martin M. and Peter two times, but I never met Mikael.

Once I met Peter and M & M in the town center of the city where they would play that night. Really cool people and always taking the time to chat.

Once the same three guys just walked through the waiting line of people in front of the gig, to get hamburgers!! When they returned they had some take-away fast food with them. Strange huh? You would expect some crew guy doing that….

But I still want to meet Mikael!!! He’s my (down to earth) God!

I'm seeing them in a small place here in San Diego, so it should be easy. But, I chicken out sometimes, thinking they might be tired of people coming up to them. Last summer, I wanted to go talk to Steven Wilson outside of the House of Blues, but I pussed out.

Well ive never met opeth but my luck of meeting Nevermore and a few folks from other bands was holding my place in line..the tourbuses happened to park right infront of the venue...you can usually see the guys from bands going in and out of the venue and whatnot...now its up to you to get the balls to bother them:)

I'd say you have a good 80% chance at meeting them. Just get there at least an hour 1/2 early and hang around the venue. And they were totally cool about chatting on music and taking pictures with everyone. I even got to talk to Steven Wilson on the PT/Opeth tour!! Was so fuckin awesome. Like making contact with aliens and having them sign your Stupid Dream CD!!

I met Mikael, Mendez and Peter after the show last May 10th (Houston). If you really want to do this, just hang out by their tour bus after the show is over, they'll definitely come out and meet all the fans.

I waited by their bus talking to a few other fans, and then Mikael and the rest of the band came out of the venue and told us to hold on a minute, they just needed to leave some stuff on the bus. After a while, Mendez and Mikael came out of the bus and talked to the fans, took pictures, etc. I took a picture with each and then left...then I came back and saw Peter; I talked to him for a while and he signed my Damnation booklet. Lopez was nowhere to be seen.

I really don't plan on meeting them again though, they are awesome guys and all, but I don't see the point in talking to them other than thanking them for a great show. Fortunately, I don't think I come off as a deluded fanboy, as I'm quite introverted and serious...but I still don't see the point in meeting them anymore.

Anyway, have fun!