About Meeting Opeth

I've never met opeth before but I'm sure i've had countless opprotunities. I SHOULD have met them at the 2001 NJ Metal Fest but I was drunk and checking out other bands. I think that I will be very cold outside during the upcoming Opeth gig at Irving Plaza in NYC (Febaury) so I'm not sure if I can brave the cold to meet them. However, I have met countless of other metal musicians including Dallas of Nile who seemed verey cool and even bought me and some freinds a shot. Underground metal musicians are some of the coolest people to meet, and very down to earth with no rockstar attitudes. That's what the underground is all about.

all the spanish i ever learned that stuck with me was from cheech n' chong. I had 3 years in high school...didn't learn shit from it htough...except "hola"

I will make sure I meet the opeth boys in Denver!

does anybody know if they'll be selling the DVD on the tour? I was thinking about ordering it from The End...since they seem to have it in stock now. But I can wait till FEb. 2nd and maybe get it autographed or some shit.

At the San Francisco show with Porcupine Tree....Mikael signed stuff after (he was sitting on the stage - had been watching Porcupine Tree)....and I met Peter because he came and watched Porcupine Tree (Opeth opened on this night). Peter was very cool, and Mikael, in all honesty, seemed a little burnt out.

Still, I've seen many posts here about people who met them before and after, and they are very approachable it would seem. Same with the show at the Pound....I didn't meet them then, but talked to some people who hung out with them for a pretty good long while.

its important not to come off as a fanboy/girl...bands get a bit turned off at that..talk to them like they are normal humans but with some respect and they will be very very cool to you...(or try to buy them a drink..that always fucking works!)

Me and my dad went to the show in Houston about 3 hours before the show and got to meet everybody. They are all very down to earth guys and real cool to talk to. Martin L. even sat down with us and talked (in Spanish of course) for about an hour and a half. Later on he put my dad on the list to get in (I already had a ticket) and at the end of the show came up to me, gave me a hand shake and a hug and told me he was gonna try to get me backstage next time they came around.
headbob.gif

they did a signing session in brisbane and they looked all tired and depressed. Damnation had only been released that week and was playing in the background. As soon as the music got changed to sopmething heavier their moods lightened up and they were laughing. I got my acoustic guitar signed and Martin Mendez had a little strum on it which was pretty cool. I went back an hour later to get something else signed and the security cockhead tried to block my path but peter told him to let me through which was cool.

My life goal is to have a smoke with Mikael and have a small chat about the ever-amazing song : Face of Melinda. I'll die happy after that.

tyt2000 said:
Hey, this is my first post, so I would appriciate it if I got some help.

I'm going to the Tampa, FL show on the 9th of Feb. I wana know, from what you've heard or from your experience, is it easy to meet Opeth? Do they hang out with the fans after the show?

Thanks for the info in advance...
I went to the BP show a few years ago, at the Brass Mug. I was one of the few that got there early, and only three of us guys knew who they were, so we Talked to all of them, especially Peter...about Camel, and Porcupine Tree. Yeah, like they said , if you can, get there early, because the Masquerade as you know is in the middle of Ybor, with all those Dance/techno people everywhere, and they don't open the doors until 7 or 8:00. hang around the back corner of the club, before and 30-45 minutes after the show, you'll probably get the chance to talk to them..they're low key, but approachable.