About Nikko and Christianity

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
I think its very Cool that Nicko is Christian. I just wonder if he has internal conflicts playing with Iron Maiden who is knows for being the darker side of Metal with Number of the Beast and chanting 666. Obviously Maiden is not some "Satanic" band but thats what their image basically was and I just wonder how Nicko feels about it all. Ok I don't know what I am really trying to say here lol

Also Bruce Dickinson has publicly talked down on Christianity at his shows over the past 20 years. It always ends up being one of his 'rants' he does on stage. What does Nikko think about that? What does Bruce think about Nicko being a Christian? Inquiring minds want to know :loco:

I think Bruce, like many, doesn't like the hypocrits of Christianity. Granted there are hypocrits in every faith, thought, etc... but people seem to focus in on Christianity more than anything else due to the number of people professing that as their faith.

I have not heard all the 'rants' Bruce has done. I have seen them 3 times but never heard him go on about anything. The only thing I remember him talking about was making sure people, if too drunk, had a designated driver to drive home from the concert. I think lyrically the band has talked about many different things. When reading the 'number of the beast' you could see it as a warning of satanism. Just depends on who you are.

Over the years I would read the lyrics and I never felt that they were trying to lead people to satanism. Granted there are the images and such but Alice Cooper has always used the macabre and such in his performances and he is a church-going Christian.

From what I understand it wasn't really that long ago that Nicko became a Christian. I am sure you will see more as time goes on.

Also, I am thinking that working and playing with Iron Maiden is more than likely like being a long-time business partner in a good business. They all seem to be able to seperate performance from real life. I don't think I have ever heard of any of the guys in IM ever being in the tabloids, arrested, etc...

Personally, I am really happy for Nicko but also know that he is probably taking a lot of heat. In the late 80's I was just playing in the local music scene in a metal band when I became a Christian. The band I was in, which had just finished our first record, just about every practice would go after me about my new faith, etc... Honestly, it wore on me a lot to where I just had it. Going to practice lost its joy and became a big pain. Then they got mad at me for leaving. I did get into a new band that ended up doing pretty good. We did prog metal and yes, we were all Christians.

That was tough too. We started playing in clubs and sometimes opening bands would find out about us and cancel out the day of the show but luckily we also were friends with a lot of the local bands and they helped us out. But then on the other end, when churches found out about we were playing in clubs we would be banned from playing at their church. A lot would say that that is reason enough to hate Christianity but I always felt I never became a Christian because of Christians.

Oh well, what is the saying, 'what doesn't kill you or maim you will make you stronger'?

Anyway, I think Nicko seems to be doing pretty good and if there are problems I am sure we will hear about it from some magazine rag. I am sure some of the metal mags are waiting impatiently for something to happen.