About Romeo´s paganini cover...

Suatana

Satch \,,/
Apr 15, 2002
Finland
Visit site
I was wondering if this is some particular song from mr. Niccolo Paganini or just a medley of somekind. Atleast I haven´t found any matches from google for this.
I´d need this for my music course work of Niccolo Paganini. I was thinking of giving few samples from the 'original' versions and than few samples from guitar hero versions :D.

Thanks.

Its from the first movement of Paganini's 2nd violin concerto in Bminor. Romeo's arrangment stays pretty close to the actual peice, which is kinda cool considering whenever Yngwie plays "paganini" its just small snippets (like when he does the begining of the 4th concerto live).

The cover is my fave song off TDC. Yngwie was mentioned but I'm not a fan of his music although I appreciate his skill but is his Concerto album similar to MR's Paganini cover?

Yngvai X said:
Its from the first movement of Paganini's 2nd violin concerto in Bminor. Romeo's arrangment stays pretty close to the actual peice, which is kinda cool considering whenever Yngwie plays "paganini" its just small snippets (like when he does the begining of the 4th concerto live).
Thanks! This info will get handy. Now my course mates and the teacher are about to hear some skillful playing from mr. Romeo :D.

progmetalgod said:
What I should have said was "is it worth buying?"

Yngwie's concerto is basically bits of his older songs intertwined into some new stuff. Much credit still needs to be given to Yngwie's keyboardist at the time, Mats Olausson, since he was the one that orchestrated and arranged Yngwie's ideas, though Yngwie would never have you believe that ;)

To me, theres a novelty aspect to it, because for once Yngwie had a chance to really do something different and he winds up just using parts from his old songs anyway (Icarus Dream Suite, Liar, Vengence, Demon Driver, just to name a few). Still, its cool to hear him play as a soloist in an orchestra, so yeah, I'd say you should pick it up.