About Second Sky

Dan Swanö

The Watcher
Nov 3, 2001
www.swano.com
Howdy folkz..

Just wanted to give you guys an idea what Second Sky sounds like...

first of all....it´s not so progressive that you seem to think. I would once again state that the album we are making is pretty much in the same veins as the best album ever made "Seasons End" from Marillion.

There is some odd beats like 15/16 7/8 5/8 etc. but only because it felt natural. There is nothing contrieved about this album. Never Prog for progs sake.

The general style can be described as Symphonic Singer Songwriter music, not miles away from Coldplay, Keane and Vanessa Carlton, and of course Marillion around the late 80´s early 90´s.

There are parts of "Eternal" that is a bit like 2S. Also some Unicorn songs like "Hiding Again" and "At the end of the bridge" . It´pretty simple. Second Sky is the music what I like to write and listen to the most, these songs don´t come easy and I have spent 11 years collecting material. Almost 1 song a year!! Well, since I haven´t written anything now in 2 years, that´s a high tempo!!! But I will be back...

I am currently listening to the mix of the Nightingale track "Belief". The sound is finally "gutfeeling and goosebumps and spontaneus airdrums and airguitar..all alone in my flat...."

Rock on fellas...:headbang: :loco:

You rule Dan, you may get goosebumps listening to it, but I get goosebumps just thinking about how awesome SS and the new Nightingale will be!

Dan Swanö;5850919 said:
The general style can be described as Symphonic Singer Songwriter music, not miles away from Coldplay, Keane and Vanessa Carlton,
I hate all of these :lol:
and of course Marillion around the late 80´s early 90´s.
but I like Marillion, especially The Uninvited Guest and since I love Nightingale and Unicorn and pretty much everything else, I´m not worried :cool:

this description makes me realize HOLY CRAP THIS ALBUM WILL BE MY FAVORITE EVER.

"Seasons End" from Marillion. AMAZING.

Never Prog for progs sake. I <3 You :lol:

Coldplay, Keane and Vanessa Carlton, and of course Marillion around the late 80&#180;s early 90&#180;s.
Win, Win, Win, WIN.

Not a fan of Coldplay and Keane. Never heard of Vanessa Carlton. But I absolutely love Season's End era Marillion. Actually I love all of their albums. Also, since Dan is singing, there's no way I can pass it up. :)

Nothing wrong with Coldplay and Keane here.
Btw. I bought Marillions "From Stoke Row to Ipanema" DVD. I was impressed how the "new" singer sings the old songs. So much heart. Really nice, and there's an "Easter" video included. Very emotional

Dan recorded a 14 second clip / radio ID for me promoting the Second Sky material a few years back - which is a little outdated now - but it's got a beautiful piano interlude underneath it from a Second Sky tune. Not sure if it will still be used in the final process, but it certainly is great and he is spot on in describing the material as he did at the beginning of this thread...at least from the 14 second clip I heard!

Allen

Dan recorded a 14 second clip / radio ID for me promoting the Second Sky material a few years back - which is a little outdated now - but it's got a beautiful piano interlude underneath it from a Second Sky tune. Not sure if it will still be used in the final process, but it certainly is great and he is spot on in describing the material as he did at the beginning of this thread...at least from the 14 second clip I heard!

Allen

Dan, want to give him permission to post it some place so we can all hear it? :)

Dan Swan&#246;;5850919 said:
Also some Unicorn songs like "Hiding Again" and "At the end of the bridge" .

Damnit Dan, did you have to go and name two of my absolute favourite songs you've ever written?

There is nothing contrieved about this album. Never Prog for progs sake.

Once again Dan reminds us why we love him so much :loco: