About the headliners....

thank you for Nevermore!!!!!!!
Seeing them for 20 minutes at gigantour with the place pretty much empty and watching them kick ass was like a tease, now being able to see them for 2 hours will be simply incredible

metamorphosis said:
I'm sure Rage really appreciated that!

So I think #6 really explains what's going on here. Hopefully someday we'll get a promoter to make one of these shows in the States and not force his personal opinions on everyone else. Having the same band (which barely fits the Prog/Power description in the first place) on the bill three times (an obviously even more to come) is ridiculous.

Maybe "Glen" just doesn't have a clue about this kind of music and doesn't know of any of the HUNDREDS of other great bands out there.

Good God...someone call the Whaaaa-mbulance and get this cro-mag a box of Kleenex.

I don't like Evergrey either, but it's hard to argue with their headliner status. I'm sitting this one out as well, but I can't quibble with the quality on offer here. I just think this Progpower is a bit overloaded with "dark" bands and I"m a happy power metal guy. But then again, my crowd has gotten what they wanted two years in a row with great headliners like Edguy, Angra, and Stratovarius. This ProgPower has more of the feel of PPIV, and as we saw with a sellout in record time that year, there's nothing wrong with that. Heck, Glenn even issued videos of performances from my favorite bands I missed seeing(Nightwish, Pagan's Mind). Here's hoping Glenn throws a Vision Divine or Thunderstone video at us after PPVII.

I think someone that, before booking his festival, puts a poll on a forum asking people's opinions on such things as repeaters and what not is hardly the type of guy that's simply going to book a band because it's his favourite. I imagine if the poll had gone the way of people saying they didn't want repeat performers, Glenn would have worked his ass off trying to get someone else. And even still, it looks like Glenn worked his ass off making this Everygrey repeat performance something really special.

metamorphosis said:
Evergrey AGAIN? With all of the great power and prog bands out there why does this band continue to be on the bill? I like them, I really do, but this is extremely disappointing.

Uhh....because they're are one of the best Heavy talents going!!!!And I like them and you don't! na na!:loco:
LOL

Jon Oliva - All dat shit!!!:headbang:

Unlike Glenn, Evergrey is not my favorite band. I don't hate them, but I can live without them. But with the description of the show they're lining up, they may finally win me over. And also, with the addition of Nevermore - one of my top three bands of all time! - in the Saturday headlining spot, I wouldn't care if the Bugaloos were headlining Friday. :loco:

Thanks Glenn!

PPV you offered me a Savatage reunion; last year it was Therion; now you bring me Nevermore. You are indeed THE MAN.

<~~~ Glenn fanboy. :worship:

~Hoyt.

adaher said:
How about we alternate Angra and Shaaman every year instead?:)

Hahaha wouldn't mind either. As long as Shaaman does not play everything off the new album Reasons... God, they had good ideas on the album but they were all really poorly executed. What a disappointment!:yuk:

Rider of Theli said:
I wouldn't care if the Bugaloos were headlining Friday. :loco:

HEY - what is wrong with the Bugaloos? Are they not worthy of headline status? Now THAT would be a special reunion. I betcha Glenn saw that and has already gotten to work on setting it up for next year (which may be the progheavy year so the Bugaloos would be needed to represent the POWER portion of the festival).

Now to make it a TRULY spectacular evening we gotta get Sparky and the evil lady (can't remember her name) and some of the other cast members.

See waht you've done - now there will be a massive Bugaloos for PP8 campaign - woo hoo -

manowarfan1 <going to check nickolodean TV listings):headbang:

Hahaha wouldn't mind either. As long as Shaaman does not play everything off the new album Reasons... God, they had good ideas on the album but they were all really poorly executed. What a disappointment!

Yeah, I know. Every song started out cool but then had a lame chorus.

adaher said:
I just think this Progpower is a bit overloaded with "dark" bands and I"m a happy power metal guy. But then again, my crowd has gotten what they wanted two years in a row with great headliners like Edguy, Angra, and Stratovarius.

Wow, someone understanding. :p I must admit I hate most power metal bands these days, so I for one am *thrilled* to actually want to stick around for the closing band of the festival this year.

metamorphosis said:
I'm sure Rage really appreciated that!

So I think #6 really explains what's going on here. Hopefully someday we'll get a promoter to make one of these shows in the States and not force his personal opinions on everyone else. Having the same band (which barely fits the Prog/Power description in the first place) on the bill three times (an obviously even more to come) is ridiculous.

Maybe "Glen" just doesn't have a clue about this kind of music and doesn't know of any of the HUNDREDS of other great bands out there.

OMG! You mean to say a guy who busts his ass every year to put on this festival should feel any restriction about booking his favorite band. You don't seem to understand this is HIS festival and he can do whatever the fuck he wants. Glenn you should book The Eagles just to piss this douchebag off. :tickled:

Harvester said:
This is the only time I will address my Evergrey selection:

1. It will have been 3 years since they performed at PP when September rolls around.

2. They will have had *two* new albums out before returning.

3. Choir/Strings. "Nuff said.

4. They packed the place at PP II & IV and then took half the audience with them when they announced an impromptu signing session during Rage's set.

5. Their sales/popularity have increased dramatically since their last appearance.

6. Most important of all...they are my favorite band.

Glenn H.
Fuckinay right!!!

AngraRULES said:
Evergrey can play ProgPower every year.

I would not mind that at all.

+1

I just wish their management team could get them to play a FEW MORE FUCKING DATES IN THE USA THIS YEAR!!!!

I really really really want to take my oldest to an Evergrey show. It hurts that I will not be bringing her to PP this year. It will hurt even more if she does not get a chance to see them because PP is the only show they do.

I will fly just about anywhere in the US to see them. They just have to get a gig.