About the headliners....

adaher said:
BTW, I knew Vision Divine was booked a week before it was announced but I didn't say nuthin'. So there, those of you who know the headliners!

Those that know the headliners are my crew. Nothing pisses me off like these fucking leaks. I will *find* out what happened and somebody will suffer the consequences.

Glenn H.

Harvester said:
I have no clue what you guys are talking about. Seriously. You are reading too much into something?

Glenn H.
Just having a bit of fun with #3 in your original post. Rampant speculation and innuendo is par for the course...isn't it? Its all about having some fun.:D

BenMech said:
How long does it need to take to announce that Jimmy Buffett finally agreed to headline ProgPower????

LOL.

JB did rent out Earthlink Live one year to rehearse for this winter tour that was kicking off in Atlanta at Phillips Arena. Security was insane.

Glenn H.

So announce the Pretty Maids already!!!! Or, you might be thinking "old school" and go with the full-on Crimson Glory reunion? Hmm. Look, let's just say Masterplan is one of the bands. Or is it Helloween? Heck, Iron Savior would make a LOT of sense. Metalium? Sinner? Tiamat? C'mon, let's hear it!!

Jesus told me the headliners.

<OMG<3SATAN> on Friday. This is Glenn's best friend's son's junior high deathmetal group.

<KEKEDRAGONSANDELVES> on Saturday. A standard Asian Fantasy Metal Group. Oddly enough, they are the same guys from Yatta. http://www.ebaumsworld.com/yatta.html

Harvester said:
Those that know the headliners are my crew. Nothing pisses me off like these fucking leaks. I will *find* out what happened and somebody will suffer the consequences.

Glenn H.

WOOOOO!
Don't mess with the dirtiest player in the game.
WOOOOO!

So does the new wrestling avatar mean that my biggest dream has come true? Fozzy will headline PP?????? WOOOOOO!

I've been to the last 3 PP's.

The first one I went to JUST to see Circle II Circle. I came back home also a fan of Nightwish, Evergrey, Symphony X and Vanden Plas.

The second I went to see Edguy, WoMD/Savatage and Brainstorm. I had CDs of Tad Mrose and Kamelot but it was seeing them live that made me a true fan.

The third I went to see Pink Cream 69, Stratovarius, Symphorce and Conception. I had Circus Maximus CD but it was their live performance that made me a true fan. I also returned a fan of D.C. Cooper, Stride, Outworld and thoroughy enjoyed Therion and Orphaned Land's live performances - especially OL's acoustic one at the pre-party.

This year I plan to go to see Thunderstone, Savage Circus and Pyramaze so far. Am I compaining because so far I'm ony excited by 3 bands? NO WAY! Because as you can see I always return a fan of more bands than when I leave. This year will be no differant.

4 years ago I'd never consider listening to bands with operatic female vocals, many prog bands or bands with death metal growls like Orphaned Land or Therion. PPUSA has really broadened and enriched my musical horizons.

Thank you Glenn, for giving me the opportunity to see so many of my favorite bands and for introducing me to so many more. Don't isten to the naysayers, it'll be another quick sell out and another great party in Atlanta!

Glenn, there was no leak. Just a clue, whose source I won't reveal, although anyone with any investigative ability could figure it out as I did. There are ways for us to figure things out without being told outright that so-and-so is appearing at Progpower.

And yes, apparently I am an idiot.

To clarify, it's not "I knew beforehand because someone gave me inside information", it's "I was 90% certain based on something I read on the internet that did not give away the game, but someone who is on this forum a lot like I am would have connected the dots. And possibly still be wrong."

adaher said:
To clarify, it's not "I knew beforehand because someone gave me inside information", it's "I was 90% certain based on something I read on the internet that did not give away the game, but someone who is on this forum a lot like I am would have connected the dots. And possibly still be wrong."

Got ya. Thanks!

Glenn H.

I was hooked the minute i left last years PP
I'd come if I only liked the first band on on Fri
I support the scene,and its a once a year time to meet up with old friends and make new friends

and view the hottest nekkid chicks in the south at least once a stay down there(the Cheetah=best tit bar on the east coast)

Evergrey AGAIN? With all of the great power and prog bands out there why does this band continue to be on the bill? I like them, I really do, but this is extremely disappointing.

metamorphosis said:
Evergrey AGAIN? With all of the great power and prog bands out there why does this band continue to be on the bill? I like them, I really do, but this is extremely disappointing.

Not everyone makes all the progpowers. Everygrey is really good, plus they really enjoy us, the progpower fans. I say let em come as often as they can.