About the headliners....

This is the only time I will address my Evergrey selection:

1. It will have been 3 years since they performed at PP when September rolls around.

2. They will have had *two* new albums out before returning.

3. Choir/Strings. "Nuff said.

4. They packed the place at PP II & IV and then took half the audience with them when they announced an impromptu signing session during Rage's set.

5. Their sales/popularity have increased dramatically since their last appearance.

6. Most important of all...they are my favorite band.

Glenn H.

I'm sure Rage really appreciated that!

So I think #6 really explains what's going on here. Hopefully someday we'll get a promoter to make one of these shows in the States and not force his personal opinions on everyone else. Having the same band (which barely fits the Prog/Power description in the first place) on the bill three times (an obviously even more to come) is ridiculous.

Maybe "Glen" just doesn't have a clue about this kind of music and doesn't know of any of the HUNDREDS of other great bands out there.

metamorphosis said:

So I think #6 really explains what's going on here. Hopefully someday we'll get a promoter to make one of these shows in the States and not force his personal opinions on everyone else. Having the same band (which barely fits the Prog/Power description in the first place) on the bill three times (an obviously even more to come) is ridiculous.

Maybe "Glen" just doesn't have a clue about this kind of music and doesn't know of any of the HUNDREDS of other great bands out there.

That's a bit fucking harsh, don't ya think?

Put on your own fucking festival and quite whining like a bitch, will ya?

metamorphosis said:

In the other thread, you alluded to "respect." Don't you think that is a two way street? As I said, time will tell. If the show sells out, then my selection will have been justifed. If it does not, then you will be right.

Glenn H.

I don't care about seeing nevermore, but I'm actually really happy Evergrey is coming back. I've missed them every othe time theyve played in the states, AND because theyve been here quite a few times, Glenn's made their set ridiculously special and awesome. so yeah, no complaints here

Yngvai X said:
You already have the most solid lineup since PP4 IMO, so you could theoretically book Alter Bridge and Nelly as the headliners and I'd still show.

HA! Sweet. Maybe they could fly Tim McGraw in to sing that horrendous song with Nelly ....oh. No special reunions. Dang. Maybe next year!

As much as I'm dying to know who's playing every year, and despite my close relationship with a crew member, it's like I told him last night... I'm not even going to bother to ask, because I know he won't tell me. Why waste my breath? :)

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is about knowing a day or a week, or even a month early. It hasn't killed me to wait yet; I don't think it's going to kill anyone else to, either. Though judging from Glenn's response, it may kill someone to know in advance. :p

Does it make y'all feel important to say "I knew last week what you didn't know until today"? Seriously, I just can't fathom the joy some people seem to get out of it.

Shaye

metamorphosis said:

I guess that must go for most of the attendees, too, then, because we sure seem to enjoy most of the bands Glenn books, including Evergrey.

Are you trying to be an elitist?

metamorphosis said:

unclebob.jpg

Harvester said:
This is the only time I will address my Evergrey selection:

1. It will have been 3 years since they performed at PP when September rolls around.

2. They will have had *two* new albums out before returning.

3. Choir/Strings. "Nuff said.

4. They packed the place at PP II & IV and then took half the audience with them when they announced an impromptu signing session during Rage's set.

5. Their sales/popularity have increased dramatically since their last appearance.

6. Most important of all...they are my favorite band.

Glenn H.

And don't forget that they fucking RULE too.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

And to the complainer(s), there are TEN fucking band slots - I gotta deal with bands I don't really care for - Glenn (the promoter) has perfectly valid reasons for bringing them back, plus they are his favorite band....
Umm... just deal with it.

I am sorry, but all this bullshit directed at the promoter is uncalled for.
Hey Dude, maybe you just don't get it!!! Ever thought of that? This is His festival and he can get whoever he damn well pleases, but i know that hedoes try to get the best that are available, and more importantly, ones he likes and who he thinks the fans will like(90% of the time). As far as other promoters, Damn where do you think they get their line-ups?? Theirs are based on their personnel likes and wants also not on what you or I think would be best. Sometimes he may book a band that he likes and no one else is really that familiar with, well in all cases this band turns out to be the sleeper of the whole festival (i.e. Orphaned Land).
You are entitled to your opinion as long as it is not in any way a deframation of a person, so i say to you if the line up is not to your liking stay home, book your own festival, lost your money, get many a sleepless night and the rest of us will fill you in on the fun and great music at PPVII.

metamorphosis said:

You dont have a clue about this kind of music apparently. Don't make non-sense statements such as that...It just makes you look worse to everyone here...

How do they not fit the bill? I am not a huge Evergrey fan, but I do like them and look forward to watching them. But personally, I think they fit it just fine. And... I like groups that don't fit molds perfectly. If all of them did it, metal would get stale.

Bryan316 said:
Can we send him to a Mexican prison or something?
I think that Trogdor should burninate him! :devil:

Seriously, noone has to like EG (although I'd say that a good portion of us thinks that they're awesome), and it's fine to post that. And Glenn didn't make that happen to Rage. The attendees, that left Rage's set to go to the EG signing or didn't go see Rage's set at all, chose to do that of their own free will. But to disrespect Glenn on his own forum by saying that he...

• forces his own opinions on us, when he actually welcomes our suggestions (if you've being reading the threads here lately and noticed the lineup, it looks mostly forum member picked), unlike other promoters. And he did say that the "popularity" of the bands is very important. But of course to a degree his opinion will matter as he is putting his own money on the line!

• having a band four times, that is not only the personal favorite of the promoter (who is puting his own money on the line) and the favorite of/or at least liked by most of the attendees is ridiculous!?! PP's past seem to indicate that it works well! Metamorphosis, have you ever been to an Ozzfest before? If so, that would be hypocritical!

• "...just doesn't have a clue about this kind of music and doesn't know of any of the HUNDREDS of other great bands out there." If Jeopardy had a special prog power categories night and you and Glenn were to play...I'd put my money on Glenn to win that hands down! Obviously you don't read these threads that much. He does seem to have quite an extensive knowledge of these bands.

You don't have to like the lineup and you don't have to go. Noone will ever be 100% happy with anyone else's decisions or opinions.

Cheiron said:
How do they not fit the bill? I am not a huge Evergrey fan, but I do like them and look forward to watching them. But personally, I think they fit it just fine. And... I like groups that don't fit molds perfectly. If all of them did it, metal would get stale.
Yeah that's another thing that I didn't didn't cover. How does a progressive/power metal band not fit for Prog Power USA!?!