Absolutely Amazing Band!!!

ironbeard said:
Hey, I'm IronBeard new to this forum and relatively new to Opeth. Got into Opeth through Porcupine Tree (My favorite band.) Anyway, Just wanted to say Opeth are phenominal. I've been listening to music for many years, and Opeth do more in one ten minute song than most bands do in a whole album.Next to Daniel Gildenlow of Pain of Salvation, Michael Akerfeldt has the absolute best voice in any genre.

[...]

I say their just not listening. Opeth are one of the most innovative and original bands ever. Filled with icy beauty and bone-chrushing riffage. All Hail the Mighty Opeth. Peace.:worship:

Amen to that, brother!

And regarding your question about Dark Tranquillity: they're a creative swedish band that plays
death metal. They combine growling with deep clean voice. But not necessary on the same
track. In other words, not as Opeth, but they still have some great songs and they do
use clean sounds and nice acoustic guitars.
I'm no big fan of DT since I find their music kinda linear in some way. Opeth are more complex,
poetic and their music vision is far greater imo.

Bye!

I'm another "old timer" compared to most of you and I put Opeth and Pain of Salvation at the top of my list of favorite bands....

Riverside is also another band to check out.

It's also true for me that I stopped listening to Dream Theater once these other bands made their way into my cd player!

Benighted, thanks for the mature musical description of DT. I'll be seeing Opeth,Devin Townsend and DT on Feb 18th. Could be Brutal !! Next to Ghost Reveries, Deadwing by PT Riverside Second life Syndrome is my pick for best of 2005. Peace.

ironbeard said:
Benighted, thanks for the mature musical description of DT. I'll be seeing Opeth,Devin Townsend and DT on Feb 18th. Could be Brutal !! Next to Ghost Reveries, Deadwing by PT Riverside Second life Syndrome is my pick for best of 2005. Peace.
excellent choices