Accept fans ?

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Just curious if there are some here. Accept has some goofy and gay (literally) lyrics which might turn some off, but they have been kicking my ass for almost 20 years and get a good bit of spins in my player especially BttW and Metal Heart.

Bryant

Couldn't believe it, just last week I heard the actual song that Accept opens up on Fast as a Shark. It was an utter shock to hear it go beyond the hi-de, hi-do, hi-da, ha-ha-ha ha-ha-ha-ha...
Heard it on a kids TV show intro, what a coincidence...

Killer stuff, that Accept. I particularly like the drum changes towards the end of Shake your Heads. Accepts leads, while not the speediest or most creative, are always extremely clean and well put.

I will say that BttW is my favorite album, but the last song on Objection Overruled is by far my favorite individual song, "This Ones for You."

Never got to see them live.

The only album I can say I have heard is Balls to the Walls. Its got some great riffs and very catchy lyrics. But I guess I can't say I'm a Accept fan because thats all I have heard by them.

Yes, Accept may have some pretty dumb moments, but when they rock, they ROCK. Fast As A Shark, Balls To The Wall, Restless And Wild, Metal Heart...it's all good.

Accept rocks ! Metal Heart is my favorite album, Restless and Wild and Balls to Wall are great as well. Starting with Russian Roulett the albums got weaker, and U.D.O is crap as well !

A lot of their lyrics are crap because they weren't very fluent in English (apparently). I read on Wolf Hoffman's site that they called that song "Screaming for a Lovebite" without even knowing what a 'lovebite' was.

Goreripper said:
A lot of their lyrics are crap because they weren't very fluent in English (apparently). I read on Wolf Hoffman's site that they called that song "Screaming for a Lovebite" without even knowing what a 'lovebite' was.

Well their manager (and Wolf's wife Gaby aka Deaffy) wrote most of their lyrics. Of course goofy lyrics or not, when they wanted to play intense music, they were one of the best at it. I might not have "evolved" into thrash as easily as I did in the mid-late 80s without Accept. You would about have to throw in some Slayer or something with a great deal of punch to match songs like "Up to the Limit" or "Wrong is Right." Back in the mid-eighties, Accept (Metal Heart) got played last because everything else sounded a bit weak.

Bryant

Wolff is one my fave axemen, he has such an out-of-this-world sense of feeling in his leads... he's a genius!
I'm not fond of the albums released after the reunion, but I dig everything 'till Russian Roulette
headbob.gif

Eat the Heat is not that bad too.

And Wolff's solo album is also interesting for the guitar lovers...

Fangface said:
Wolff is one my fave axemen, he has such an out-of-this-world sense of feeling in his leads... he's a genius!
I'm not fond of the albums released after the reunion, but I dig everything 'till Russian Roulette
headbob.gif

Eat the Heat is not that bad too.

And Wolff's solo album is also interesting for the guitar lovers...

You and me both. In fact, Wolf IS my favorite guitarist. While his true mastery only showed through on MH and RR and a little on BTW, that was enough. I think Wolf was burned out after that because he regressed, but he had the technical wizardry of some of the best out there, was as emotic as David Gilmour and fused metal, blues, jazz and classically influenced licks in his solos equally well which few can and could do. Not to mention how he "owned" the use of pinch harmonics.

Bryant

I love alot of Accept, but there's something about that guitar break after the solo on Objection Overruled-- with that riff going and the snare cracking--it just kicks my ass everytime!!! Long live Accept :headbang:

Fangface said:
I've just noticed that Wolf's musical site has been replaced by his new photography site :(

http://www.wolfhoffmann.com

And the "official" Accept board is dead as well... it should move to UM!

Maybe we should contact the Webmaster here. Wolf now earns his money doing photography (and he's quite good at it,) so I can understand the change, though I wish he would have left the old site up as well.

Bryant