Accordian

Aug 5, 2008
EDIT: What I'm most wondering is if accordians exist that I can plug into a computer like I can plug in a guitar's amp cord.

I'm wondering how they make that accordian sound. Is it hooked up to something? Because I just went downstairs in the basement and dug up our old accordian (its a requirement to have one if you're Swiss), and tried it a bit. The sound was like at the start of Portage to the Unknown, the normal Accordian sound. It doesnt make any noise now and it made me smell like an old fish, so screw that. But how do they get the different sounds?

I noticed there didnt seem to be the melody keys (I think) on Lisko's accordian? Whats up with that? Only bass?

I'm interested in playing the accordian... I was thinking of buying a guitar this year, but I just watched the live concerts of Turisas, and accordian looks fun as hell. How hard would it be for a 17 year old to start learning... Is that too late to get good at it if I practice atleast 3 times a week?

I'm guessing it's an electrical one with a line-in. Any instrument that can be plugged into an amp can be plugged into a PC if you have the right equipment. If it's making sounds that seem unusual for an accordian (I wouldn't know instruments baffle me) then FX pedals like with a guitar might have been used.

Awesome... I think I'll go to an accordian store (lol first find one), then ask them questions.

EDIT: I have decided to NOT take this random whim I got to learn the accordion and instead pursue my year-long dream of playing the electric guitar...