To all Ghost Reveries Haters.....

I can't help it. The tendencies are too strong, and like I said, I don't believe in free will, so I can't blame myself :lol:

Opethian666 said:
I can't help it. The tendencies are too strong, and like I said, I don't believe in free will, so I can't blame myself :lol:

but I can blame you, 'cause I believe in free will mwahahaha :cool:

but all_sins is right! let us end this silly babble and carry on with the thread :saint:

MixGrafix said:
Listen all you whiny little bitches! It seems that the majority of people here are the best musicians in the world, and should actually be writing all of Opeth's songs for them. You want to keep them in your "Opeth Shell", and not let them evolve. You want to keep them all to yourselves. When I was 14 I had to choose between WASP, Motley Crue, Ozzy, Ratt and Quiet Riot. Luckily I discovered Metallica through Bob Muldowney's Fanzine "KICK ASS MONTHLY". The first time I heard "Kill Em All" on vinyl I knew that there was something better out there. I found Venom and Anthrax and Overkill and Voi Vod and Megadeth and MOTORHEAD. I found my calling in life.

You should be thankful that Opeth is still a band. SIXTEEN years together, and most of you still want to keep them in the Black Water Park Days. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. I hope Opeth writes a love song / ballad using a xylophone, bongo, timbale,accordian and a clave with Ron Burgundy on Jazz flute and scores a number one hit with it. Kasey Kasem soon will be doing a long distance dedication to "Tad in Fresno from his long lost love Buffy in Tulsa." Opeth's music is their music, and not yours. THANK GOD FOR THAT.

Understand one thing. OPETH IS A BUSINESS AT THIS POINT AND NOT JUST A BAND. They have to evolve and make there sound as big as is can be and push them limits of change. That means taking chances, twisting their sound, trying a new style, and if they did not do it, they would be going straight to nowheresville.

So in closing, I want to say to Mike, Pete, Martin, Martin and Per, and the whole Opeth crew, do whatever you feel is best for you. If you have to lose a few fans stuck on Morningrise, then so be it.

I will still be a fan.

That'd be a good point if you removed the "OPETH IS A BUSINESS AT THIS POINT AND NOT JUST A BAND" part :zombie:

Vegetaman said:
Indeed. And for that matter, are you saying Opeth doesn't appreciate their fans? Because that's bullshit.

I have met Mike, Peter, and Axe, and they were very personable. They love their fans, but they are both a band and a business at the same time. In my perspective, there is nothing wrong with doing what you love and getting paid for it. I have never said they are doing it just for the money. They are doing it for the pleasure of making music and playing live. I am not saying that they "sold out" either.

Opeth would not be where they are now if it was not for the people they pay, the management, mechandise people, the roadies, the sound and light people; the logistics are simply incredible to go on tour, and be successful at it. And Opeth has been on tour for what seems like the last five years!

If it were not for the fans supporting them, they would not exist as they do. The revenue they generate through sales obviously supports them. If they were not at the top of their game, they would be where bands like Ratt and Quiet Riot are; nowheresville.

I support them 110%, and can't wait to see them on Sunday at Gigantour.

all_sins_undone said:
lol @ mixgrafix actually topping his own stupidity in the first pages of this thread

You must be the most miserable person in the world. Every comment you make is negative. Looking at most of your comments, you try cut everyone down, thinking for some reason that your opinion is right. I feel sorry for you. I am not an expert at anything, but you sure as hell are not. I would like to see you in the pit because it would be VERY personal at that point. Bitch.

^Wow you must be really weak-minded and worst of all...a coward to say that you would kick a young boy's ass because of some silly internet insults...i don't really believe you can get more ridiculous now. Stfu.

''I would like to see you in the pit because it would be VERY personal at that point. Bitch.''

Now prove me that you are not retarded and act according to your age kbai.

i aint play this said:
^Wow you must be really weak-minded and worst of all...a coward to say that you would kick a young boy's ass because of some silly internet insults...i don't really believe you can get more ridiculous now. Stfu.

''I would like to see you in the pit because it would be VERY personal at that point. Bitch.''

Now prove me that you are not retarded and act according to your age kbai.

If you are in Med school or Law school, you are not a boy, you are a man, and should back up your words with action. Nuff said.

MixGrafix said:
Come out from behind your keyboard and be a man.

Cool edit

Btw, i don't know what the fuck you are talking about with ''back up your words with action'' you are an old 'tard who can't hide the kid inside of you, and internet=/=real life, like i said before the ''real world'' haven't taught you anything...''macho''.