AcmeBarGig GhettoBASS 1.01 Public Beta(PC VST)

JohnnyMcFly

May 11, 2009
****UPDATED DLL**** January 8. 2010, 2:30AM EST

SmallGB%20copy.png

Hi all this is a new product for ABG Called GhettoBass. It will be released as will all the up coming rack FX as part of the "Nice Rack" Baby Effects suite...(That is also part of G-SPOT.)

CPU Is a little high for an effect but usable in a pinch, this will have to be dealt with though. There is also a small latency introduced with it, may or may not be useable, depending on your machine... your call, but thats why its a beta right?

Something to remember too, All pitch shift effects have latency issues..How drastic they are is what is in question..

Here it is..

Guys there was some problems with this cashing Steinberg Products, if you had that problem please run this version and let me know. The link has not changed just the contents
Thanks

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/GhettoBass 1.01 BETA 1.rar
KM

hahaha bass-filthinator...
I love that name so much I am going to build you one of them Ermz.

This was ahjteams idea, quite a while ago he asked for a "Ghetto BASS" For those that did not have a bass. So yes Dexter thats what it is supposed to be. But, whether it can really be used for that remains to be seen. There is always a latency with these types of effects, I have optimized ad nauseum to this and right now that is as good as I can get it. One guy on the KVR forum though said that the Latency in our GhettoBASS was one of the best out there Free or not. I don't know about enough of these to comment, and either way I'd like to bring it down even more. However, its nice to get some kind words evbery now and then...and BTW thanks guys

KM

Yep the idea was to add not only lower the octaves but to add an attack that is similar to what a bass would be. Unfortunately, the Latency may niot allow you to play it in real time, but, you could record your tracks dry, then apply Ghetto Bass. I thought we did pretty good with the latency, I mean we are on par with most other effects ts like this...Well that I know of anyways..

KM

Yes...there seems to be an error with all these effects. All steinberg products crash with them, so AHJ I'll do another build on them and see what we get..This is beta testing and I appreciate all your help. One of the joys of software development. :)
KM

i usually just use ampeg sim> pitch shifter> other random plugs and i get a sound that is way better than you'd expect. still not great but good enough.

Ghetto BASS does not have any AMP components built into it...But, if it is useful as a means to record bass, lets not forget I do model amps too, so, I'll build a bass sim to wrap it up in..One plug, cabs effects, everything. It would be like a suite then..

AHJ...I have posted an updated DLL that I believe will fix the error

KM

I have another fix for this too, but I have not uploaded it yet...Since this is your idea and request, you will be the first person to get the latest..:)

km