Acoustic album

midevil elf said:
Inherit the Earth or
Track 7 off of Epic...talks about copernicus and shit, that song would be tight acoustically!

I would like to hear colossus, mainly to here Vintersorg sing it though...ahahahaha poor Mr. V fan pressure must stink

I say you should throw in Borknafied acoustic version of stairway to heaven...now tell me that wouldnt be something to hear!

Relate (Dialogue)
My favorite on the album...

Kepler Copernicus, Galilei....

Its impossible to decide... Any Borknagar song would be great to hear in accoustic version...

Maybe Borknagar should release a 2CD set, one with new acoustic song and the other with acosutics songs from previous albums.

Also since it`s an acoustic album I wonder if the keys are going to be played with an acoustic piano instead of the regular keyboards used by Lazare.

In my opinion, none of the current borky songs would work as an acoustic version. Except maybe Inner Landscape. *lol* I don't think your style of music would even work in acoustic, you guys would have to drastically change your sound. o.o It would probably sound like Finntroll's Slutet om Visor, which sounds nothing like their heavy cds.

Oinkness said:
In my opinion, none of the current borky songs would work as an acoustic version. Except maybe Inner Landscape. *lol* I don't think your style of music would even work in acoustic, you guys would have to drastically change your sound. o.o It would probably sound like Finntroll's Slutet om Visor, which sounds nothing like their heavy cds.

I think many, many songs from the Archaic Course work as acoustic. Especially Winter Millenium and Universal. Ocean's Rise, which has an acoustic section, is probably the least suitable, and maybe one of the faster ones, but overall I think there's a few that could work. There's a lot of Epic / Quintessence / Empiricism songs that definitely do not work as acoustic, in my opinion (which is why I think Colossus is such a good choice, it would be a challenge), but there's still a few like Stellar Dome and the Wonder that would work out fine.

You're right that a lot of the songs mentioned may not be workable. I can't imagine something like The Presence is Ominous in acoustic. But trying would be more interesting than making a song that is acoustic ready, no?

midevil elf said:
Inherit the Earth or
Track 7 off of Epic...talks about copernicus and shit, that song would be tight acoustically!

I say you should throw in Borknafied acoustic version of stairway to heaven...now tell me that wouldnt be something to hear!

"Hoo...ha!"

Yeah, I can see that working. :p

Stairway to Heaven? Haha...Man, that would be classic.

shutup you moron, i think they know what their music sounds like and what they are capable of doing

Oinkness said:

Evil Dead: good choice I have to say ehe

Øysten: you see? thats already 3 votes for 'to mount and rove' ;)

Netin said:

On that note...

Colossus has 15 votes (in this non-representative internet forum, of course).

Gods of my world has about 6-7 votes, while Universal and about five other songs have about 5 or so votes each (some people mentioned several songs, so I counted all the songs they asked as a vote, since I'm such a democratic thinking guy).

Leaving the first two albums out would be unfortunate, even if the votes fall that way. A bonus disc full of old songs from past CDs would be ideal, but is probably unlikely.

Netin said:

Thanks. I went and listened to all of the borknagar CD's and picked the two I thought would be slow enough for an acoustic cover, and To Mount and Rove is one of my favorite Borknagar songs :)

I think the problem with pulling a song off the first CD would be that either they are all either real fast or have acoustics in them. I think maybe "Svartskogs Gilde" could be worked. But alot of the other songs have alot of acoustics in them already, Dauden for example, which could lead to a lil redundancy but who knows.

A re-recorded S/T would be cool though!

Øystein G. Brun said:
Hello Folks!

As you may know, our next album will be an acoustic based album. The new album will mainly contain new songs, but we are just these days considering doing two bonus songs. And guess what.....we are thinking of doing two old songs in acoustic version. So in regards to that and on behalf of our curiosity, which two songs do you think are the most suitable for the purpose?

are you planning to have an acoustic bass too? :worship: