Acoustic Borknagar

"It will probably contain ONLY unpublished songs"

oh :( it would be great to listen to some old borknagar songs in an acoustic version.
but new works are welcome too (for me).
As someone said before, a double cd is not a bad idea ( 1 cd of new songs, and 1 cd of old acoustic songs).

I think too that Bork should do some remakes from the back catalogue, maybe as a bonus ( or a bonus disk :) )

Also please dont forget a Making of video. I had much fun watching the Making of Epic.
Or at least put some accoustic footage for the forthcoming DVD (any news about it?)

Paul said:
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease do not use grim vocals!!!!!!! I grew f...ing tired of grim vocals and also it does not fit to an accustic record.
I tend to agree with him, grim vocals on an acoustic album would be very strange. Anyway I like grim vocals very much, Mr V's growls are cool :worship:
I'm really looking forward listening to the new album.

Orlok said:
I tend to agree with him, grim vocals on an acoustic album would be very strange. Anyway I like grim vocals very much, Mr V's growls are cool :worship:
I'm really looking forward listening to the new album.

one word. agalloch.
the grims are amazing

wow that sounds amazing, i'm relatively new to borknagar but i'm excited...if it's anywhere near as successful as opeth's "damnation" i'll be happy :Spin:

Succesful??? nono... we don't want it succesful, we want it Incredible music...

My taste is: I like the grim vocals, But i like mrV clean vocals a LOT!... So my grim/clean perfect balance would be, a little more clean and less grim than Epic... But never drop the grim vocals totally... It has to be there..

well to clarify i meant "successful" not commercially but in the sense of them being able to pull it off well! opeth did such a great job with damnation, i just hope borknagar can do the same :D

Anagnorisis said:
one word. agalloch.
the grims are amazing

Agreed.

Agalloch are one of the most amazing bands around right now, the black metal styled growls are fantastic.

Bands like Agalloch and Borknagar (and let's not forget Vintersorg's various projects)are the future of real metal imho.

cthulufhtagn said:
yeesh, just cuz it didn't have the amps cranked to 11 doesn't mean it doesn't stand on its own merit

Here, here. I thought it was a work of genius. It's good to see bands mix it up rather than doing the same stuff over and over again(which is one reason why I like bands like Borknagar, Vintersorg, and Opeth)