Adagio or Pagan's Mind?

adagio-underworld is an awesome cd. i got it for christmas.
I love pagans mind-celestial entrance also. both are excellent cds and worth buying. ive never had a problem with the PM singer. he has a cool voice, like a cross between Geoff Tate and early Labrie with some primal fear type vocals thrown in. :Spam:

Tough call this one, I would say Adagio have a more classical sound (shock horror) and Pagans mind are more futuristic. By this is mean Adagio or Forte in particular side with symphonic, technical arrangements, with lots of piano sounds and Pagans mind have a more atmospheric, other-worldly overture with use of different keyboard sounds and much more melodic song structures. Both or extremely original and I beg to differ with anyone who says Adagio are SX clones, they are completely different for my money.

I would have to say that I believe Adagio are superior in all areas of musicianship over Pagans Mind because Adagio are simply phenomenal in all areas, dare I say equal or better than SX.
But this is certainly no reflection on the vast skills and originality of PM.
Pagans mind have a unique ability to sweep you away with their cool melodic swirling sounds, their guitar solos are completely opposite with PM favouring the more emotional melodic wave of expression. The singer like the music is original and part of it's strength and the music is a lot more energetic and up lifting opposed to the brooding, dark emotional expression of Forte. When you listen to Adagio you think or I think of renaissance period France with it's artistic expression in classical music and new ideas packed with French flair of the unreal guitar shred of Forte. Pagans mind sweep you out into space and forward in time with a futuristic bombastic sound. I'll go with Pagans Mind by a whisker.

I've probably gone into too much detail, oh well if you will smoke pot in the Afternoons :dopey:

Adagio because they rule!!! Nuff said! ;) Actually Pagan's Mind is not a bad band but I don't think they are as talented as the boys in Adagio. Bottom line go with what turns you on...Adagio does it for me more then PM although I got a kick from the keyboardist and his drunken behaviour at last year's PP...funny dude but he's not no Kevin Codfert (who IMO has to be one of the up and coming keyboardist out there, the kid is brilliant and I am not even sure if he is old enough to drink...well at least in the US)!!! :) Cheers, Tony

I just can't seem to get into Adagio. It bores me. But that of course is my personal opinion.

Pagan's Mind is very cool, despite their Dream Theater rip-off(s)...

I would go with Adagio because I can't stand the voice of the singer in PM.
I like the music of PM though,just that the singing spoils it for me and I can't leave the cd on for long.
Adagio is a great band though so get that I say. Any of their 2 cds is great in their own merit so doesn't matter which one you get.

If I were you I would buy something from both bands..they're both good!!

But if I had to pick one....well....just read my signature!!!!

Id have to side with Pagan's Mind on this one. Adagio's first album was great, however Underworld was ok. I would like to note that it took me a long time to like Pagan's Mind. Literally around 50 listens before I even liked it. Now I think that Celestial Entrance is one fucking great album, better than any Adagio easily. I don't see why it was put in the prog catagory other than some odd time changes here and there. It's most power metal than anything. The vocalist rules, but he takes a long time to get used to sadly.

mosq