+

Adrenaline_Mob_logo.jpg

(lame stereotypical concept)

+

mike-portnoy-davembenettgettyimages.jpg

(lame stereotypical drummer)

=

most probably a lame stereotypical album

(but since it has Russel I'll check it out)

It's "ignorant" just like claiming everything Russel has been involved in is "stellar"...

Right, except I've heard all the music that Russell has been involved with so far and really enjoyed it all, so my opinion is based on having actually heard the music. Whereas there is no music to hear so far for this new project. Not the same :).

Right, except I've heard all the music that Russell has been involved with so far and really enjoyed it all, so my opinion is based on having actually heard the music. Whereas there is no music to hear so far for this new project. Not the same :).

You liked the song he sung for that Genius Rock Opera? I had to edit the damn thing just to make it tolerable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the safest way to test this theory is to put together all of metal's best musicians and have them cover something truly dreadful, and see how it fares.

CoB makes good covers of crap songs and i would never hail them as the "greatest musicians" Metal is the genre of purgivity (made up word)

And cmon guys, how many times do i have to tell this board that 90% of DTs lyrics are from JP, and MP pretty much only does his saga and MAYBE put input into SOME other songs?...okay maybe that one other time, but its still too many.

Edit: I want to see a metal cover of rebecca black but done by known musicians and not shiity youtube shit. Only then will it prove that metal can make anything, well...metal.

CoB makes good covers of crap songs and i would never hail them as the "greatest musicians" Metal is the genre of purgivity (made up word)

And cmon guys, how many times do i have to tell this board that 90% of DTs lyrics are from JP, and MP pretty much only does his saga and MAYBE put input into SOME other songs?...okay maybe that one other time, but its still too many.

Edit: I want to see a metal cover of rebecca black but done by known musicians and not shiity youtube shit. Only then will it prove that metal can make anything, well...metal.
Have you heard the Candlemass cover of Don't Fear the Reaper? :lol:

I just did. It sounds kinda gloomy. Like when someone dies in a movie and that lady starts doing that ahHHHaaayeeaahhhh singing thing. (exmaples: Troy and District 9)

edit: inb4nocowbell?Wtf!?

Here's an 'Adrenaline Mob' Youtube-link for the non-Facebookers:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvXJG-Ch3Qg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvXJG-Ch3Qg[/ame]

Russel's voice sounds great as usual, but the music definitely sounds like something I wouldn't be interested in.

Oh wait thats like Iconoclast without keyboards! Well just kidding. Some of the parts sounds ok, I Think his voice fits pretty good to that kind of style.

It's okay, definitely more melodic than I would've thought from a vocal perspective. But I don't like the music - too many "me too" metal riffs and not enough melody. A lot of metal nowadays seems to forget that there can be lead guitar parts that aren't solos!

Lack of keyboards also hurts this. But I'll accept it for what it is - Russ singing very nicely over mostly mediocre music.