Adrian, You Fa...Bah What the Fuck?!?!

This story actually gave me a bit of a headache, although amusing in spots.
Carry on.

Hehe, I'm way too fond of Sweden and were I currently live for that

Though I have heard that it's a lot easier for foreigners to get into somewhat high standard universities than ordinary US citizens, what with some strange policies, which makes it kind of tempting. Is there any truth in that?

Hehe, I'm way too fond of Sweden and were I currently live for that

Though I have heard that it's a lot easier for foreigners to get into somewhat high standard universities than ordinary US citizens, what with some strange policies, which makes it kind of tempting. Is there any truth in that?

tons of truth- it would be the same if I tried to go to a university in Sweden, they LOVE international students. take a semester at the University of Massachussets (which is an excellent school even though Mass. sucks), I'm going there in Janauary. We'll rawk all day and night

Nah, I've just started up my university studies again and this time I'm serious; now I will actually be able to use my credits to get a job! So there are no plans on leaving anytime soon, I've two years of german ahead of me, followed by french and pedagogics, being a teacher my not be the job of my dreams, but what job would be? Anyway, learning languages rock

Nah, I've just started up my university studies again and this time I'm serious; now I will actually be able to use my credits to get a job! So there are no plans on leaving anytime soon, I've two years of german ahead of me, followed by french and pedagogics, being a teacher my not be the job of my dreams, but what job would be? Anyway, learning languages rock

I agree on that last bit. It's ahrd and sucks at first, but at some point you feel relaly fucking proud. On my target list for the next 10 years are also: Dutch and Suomi.... :p If I can even stammer my way through suomi I'll be happy

Hehe, dutch is just german spelled funny so that shouldn't be much of a problem. Living in Germany like you do (?) just makes learning the language so much easier. I spent five months in Heidelberg this winter/spring, and had I lived in a german dorm (as it was, I lived in a more or less american one...) I would probably have been more or less fluent :|

Finnish on the other hand is supposedly pretty damn difficult to learn, though I can't recall the exact reasons now

and it's not traditional Nominative-Accusative relationships also.

(edit)
Latin has six, but effectively five, since the last one is the Vocative, and only has the function to address people, so it's not used often.

Then the Dative and Ablative overlap pretty much all the time to the point of annoyance in the first two declensions.

But hey, Latin wouldn't be so bad if only they used some definite and indefinite articles. WTF.

Well that doesn't sound too bad. I actually have vague plans to spend two years learning Latin, but it all comes down to if I can do so while having a job on the side. Otherwise I'll have to borrow money and thus be in debt for way too many years, considering the minimal use knowing such a language would have in my future search for a job.

German and French is a must, but Latin would be a very cool bonus ;) Besides, it would make learning most of the roman languages relatively easy

Well really, there's a ton of decent beginning Latin resources out there (in English at least, and probably more in German). So given a basic background in languages (which you have) there shouldn't be a problem mastering the basic stuff. The problem is once you get to all the really nitpicky parts of the grammar.

Hehe, dutch is just german spelled funny so that shouldn't be much of a problem. Living in Germany like you do (?) just makes learning the language so much easier. I spent five months in Heidelberg this winter/spring, and had I lived in a german dorm (as it was, I lived in a more or less american one...) I would probably have been more or less fluent :|

Finnish on the other hand is supposedly pretty damn difficult to learn, though I can't recall the exact reasons now

Dutch is german spelled funny and spoken even funnier... except when its got english or french mashed into it. Then I don't have a fucking clue. Still, I can understand about 60% of what I read without even having started. I couldn't speak or write a word though :p

And yeah, Suomi si supposedly the second hardest (modern) language to learn. Or some shit. Sounds like a real challenge... part of it is that all his yours hers and some adjectives... get built into the word, and they can end up as bigger words than even german has. Sometimes you can have a whole "sentence" with three words. It was wierd watching subtitles to movies (because unlike in germany, they don't dub shit there).

I would like to learn Gullah so I can tell a negar to plow towards the unemployment office in the same tongue his Great Grand Slave Jeremiterius' used to plot his run North.