Adventure Racing / Endurance Challenges

Thanatcs

Jan 1, 2010
I realize that this might not be the right place to post about this, but I know there are some military-types that lurk around here and others that would be interested in this sort of thing.

I was first made aware of these types endurance challenge events sometime around late 2008, but I did not pay much attention to them until this past summer. I am currently participating in the Walter N. Levy Chapter Semper Fidelis Society Levy Challenge 2010 at the end of this month which will be my first contact with a compeition of this type. If you have a facebook, you can click that link to take you to the page that describes the event. It looks like it will be a good time.

Maybe I am alone here in my desire to do this, but when I see shit like the Death Race I get excited. If anyone is familiar with that race, you may be interested to know that I know three people who competed in that even last year and finished.

If anyone really is interested in this sort of thing, I will also be doing the "Spartan Race" this summer in Chicago - spartanrace.com

I have a feeling this will fall on deaf ears, but I thought it was worth a shot and I was bored.

EDIT: I forgot to mention warrior dash too. I will also be competing in that as well - warriordash.com I think just about everyone should be interested in that.

That team thing looks like a lot of horrible fun. I don't think at my current level I could finish it.