UM Fantasy Football League 2015

The Ozzman

Melted by feels
Sep 17, 2006
In My Kingdom Cold
Discuss it here. Anything not league related will be deleted.

Now, is anyone interested in doing it this year? I don't want to run it anymore but I might play one more year..

Mathiäs;11028477 said:
I like bananas.

im_watching_you_-_copia.jpg

How much running is really involved if we just take the default setup and set a date for the draft?

Not much really. I think I just get frustrated at setting up everything and then half the league just not caring 8 games into the season. brooks has played since we started this and he seems to have disappeared. I know he would be interested otherwise.

I'm opening up the point schemes to you all this time. Whatever you want is fair game.

I've never had a real problem with default points settings. I just don't want to start messing with individual defensive players, and I think

1 QB
2 WR
1 RB
1 TE
1 Flex (WR/RB/TE)
1 K
1 DEF

5 Bench

allows for everyone to have reasonable depth without being able to hoard and so people don't wind up with a terrible matchup due to byes if they plan right, and/or don't get totally hamstrung by injuries.

I've never had a real problem with default points settings. I just don't want to start messing with individual defensive players, and I think

1 QB
2 WR
1 RB
1 TE
1 Flex (WR/RB/TE)
1 K
1 DEF

5 Bench

allows for everyone to have reasonable depth without being able to hoard and so people don't wind up with a terrible matchup due to byes if they plan right, and/or don't get totally hamstrung by injuries.

I actually dig that lineup. It doesn't allow for people to have 4 RBs start each week either (ie: brooks having 6 top 10 RBs one year).

Well I've seen lineups where it's like

2 QBs
4 WRs
2 RBS
Flex
K
3 Individual Defensive Players

So retarded. Trying to get it as close to actual lineups as possible allows everyone to have quality starters in 8-10 player leagues. While defenses can be consistently solid as a group, individual players are a crapshoot. Even JJ Watt doesn't get a sack every game, and there aren't enough Shermans and Watts to go around.

I will play & my girlfriend wants to play again too. I also agree with this suggested lineup:

1 QB
2 WR
1 RB
1 TE
1 Flex (WR/RB/TE)
1 K
1 DEF

5 bench

Sooooo, do we have a league yet? A headcount (looks like 6-7 so far)? Need to start looking to set a date for drafting if we do.

I have set it up. PM me your emails if you want to play. I scheduled the draft for Saturday, September 5th at 3:00 Central. That can be changed if needed. Do we want a waiver period or no waivers like in the past?

I'd say no waivers. If people aren't paying attention they aren't paying attention. I'd rather have a Sunday date than a Saturday date but I'm flexible.