Agalloch in NYC

well ... someone already uploaded a semi pro video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BFEVqPJUpg

That seems like it was filmed by the guy with the pro camera in front of the stage. He was there for the entire show, I'm wondering where the rest of the footage is? I went to their web site and there's a longer version of the vid, including the last song. Some of the footage was shot from the back of the venue. And the sound appears to be from SB. Now I really want the entire video!

Epic show indeed. Was waiting to see these guys since early 2000's! I almost saw them back in '04 at L'Amour (even had a ticket and all), but the gig was canceled because the venue closed down 2 weeks prior. They were way heavier and louder live than I expected. The venue kind of sucked, the stage is only about 2 feet high so good luck seeing anything unless you're really tall but the sound was pretty good, even close to the front.

Thanks for posting the setilst! Unfortunately I had to miss the encore as I had to catch a train back home.

And thanks again for General Zod for hooking me up with a ticket!

yeah the stage was really low and there was no drum riser. I could see fine of course but I can imagine others having a hard time :loco:

the venue I thought was pretty cool and it had great overall sound with the SB piped into the lounge/bar area.

that video guy records quite a few NY gigs, last I saw from him was Portal, but he has a great collection on his website.

here's Worm Ouroboros from last night as well
http://vimeo.com/21391866

I like stuff from this band but in 1-2 song doses. Everything was just blending together live as every track seems to have the same formula.

btw looking at the video above ... looks like they were sharing drummers with Agalloch ... who is that old man anyway?

Awesome show, great setlist. Falling snow was absolutely :Spin: Surprised to hear of stone, wind... haven't listened to that one in ages. The segue from the new song into our fortress burning was nicely done, with a great conclusion on that one.

Worm ouroborus was good as well. Songs came across strong live, especially when they both sang together. Looking forward to their next album.

@lurch - The drummer plays in Ludicra as well. They get some attention here every now and then. He runs an awesome music blog: http://cosmichearse.blogspot.com/

here's Worm Ouroboros from last night as well
http://vimeo.com/21391866

I like stuff from this band but in 1-2 song doses. Everything was just blending together live as every track seems to have the same formula.

btw looking at the video above ... looks like they were sharing drummers with Agalloch ... who is that old man anyway?

Yep I noticed that too, if you want his name I recall seeing some info on Metal Archives (the site seems down at the moment, pulled the link from browser history). And they said Daniel Menche is their driver. He's the guy who was making that weird sound... it was one of the weirdest performances I've ever seen (live or otherwise) but it was strangely entertaining.

Heh... so I'm on the train to NYC on my way to the gig and I picked up a local Long Island paper that they have for free at the train stations, supermarkets, etc. I'm browsing through and all of a sudden something grabs my attention... pretty good read and very timely, check it out.

it was great meeting you guys as well! :kickass:

I saw you after the gig Antz0r as I was driving away ... walking around with that chick you picked up ... :loco: .... very nice!

but yeah that video I posted above looks like it was the first track they played which sounded like a complete mess in the back, not so much so in the video.

yeah we went for a short stroll, she was fun to hang around with.

Awesome show, great setlist. Falling snow was absolutely :Spin: Surprised to hear of stone, wind... haven't listened to that one in ages. The segue from the new song into our fortress burning was nicely done, with a great conclusion on that one.

Worm ouroborus was good as well. Songs came across strong live, especially when they both sang together. Looking forward to their next album.

@lurch - The drummer plays in Ludicra as well. They get some attention here every now and then. He runs an awesome music blog: http://cosmichearse.blogspot.com/

Hey where have you been, you fuck?

where the heck were you spikes????

here's the last track of the night ... another good recording

Last edited by a moderator:
I listened to "Pale Folklore" on the way into work today. Agalloch plays some pretty basic stuff but it has a certain charm to it....even if it does make me want to kill myself.

they really should tour more as they are a better live band than on cd.
i thought I was going to get bummed out at the gig but experienced the opposite. maybe it was the selection of songs they played.

i thought I was going to get bummed out at the gig

:tickled:

Sometime in '04 or '05 I posted something about wondering what would compel me to listen to such depressing music. Six years later...I'm still listening to it lol

i think that would be "marriage" :loco:

cook-ta, Zod and WhiteBeast

IMG00044-20110322-2138.jpg

notice the angle of the shot ... it gives you a good idea of my lurchness

looked like a killer show but what's the deal with NPR blowing their load over these cats?

do they promote ANY other metal bands?