Agalloch question... and roundtable, whatever floats thy boat.

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
New The End Sampler, Phases. Agalloch song called A Fragment. Where is this song from? The reason I ask is because it is just an ambient track that, along with a proper album, would probably be pretty cool, but by itself is dumb, especially to someone unfamiliar with the group because it sounds nothing like them. Why would The End use this track for a sample, is this a new direction they are taking, some random outtake to lure fanboys, something else? Anyone? Bueller? Fry?

Oh yeah, and the Mantle has grown leaps and bounds with me lately, I need to get Pale Folklore post haste!

I'm guessing it's probably meant to show that they are still writing new music or a joke on the band's part, because I can't imagine The End using the "previously unreleased but also insubstantial" ruse...

...and show zero hesitation in acquiring Pale Folklore.

Wtfever? Nice. :lol:

If that track is any example, yeah, this is extreme minimalism. When is this new EP supposed to surface?

Does anyone have any idea when the EP is to be released? I, myself, am just going to wait until that bad-boy is out to hear anything new by them.

NAD said:
New The End Sampler, Phases. Agalloch song called A Fragment. Where is this song from? The reason I ask is because it is just an ambient track that, along with a proper album, would probably be pretty cool, but by itself is dumb, especially to someone unfamiliar with the group because it sounds nothing like them. Why would The End use this track for a sample, is this a new direction they are taking, some random outtake to lure fanboys, something else? Anyone? Bueller? Fry?
I heard through the grapevine that it was from a short film Haughm was working on but apparently has put aside for now so they can focus on their new album. I don't know if there was supposed to be an EP released with it or not. Their motivation to put it on the sampler was probably just to fuck with people. Typical Agalloch-member behavior.

Cool, long flight to find this buried thread eh? Thanks!

Agh, terrible pun. I'm sorry.