Agalloch show March 22nd

Brave.Archangel

Inside the City of Glass
Well perhaps the one favorable thing about living in this dreadful area... (it's actually beautiful i'm just over dramatic) ...agalloch... they're performing on the 22nd at some restaurant... it should be awesome as this is not a band you get to see live every day...
if anyone is gonna attend (doubtful) we should meet up and say hi!
:)

edit: i'll be sure and take pic and post em as its going to be epic :headbang:

The next 3 days are going to be crazy for me. Tonight, I'm headed to Seattle for Red Sparowes/Russian Circles. Friday, it's Agalloch/Grayceon/In Memorium in Seattle followed by Agalloch/Red Sparowes/Grayceon/Russian Circles in Portland Saturday night. Should be a great bunch of shows!

hopefully they dont sound as shitty as they did when they played here. i dont think its a normal occurrence, but their sound was terrible! way too loud, and not in a good way by any means. they played well though for the most part

I was hoping for a gig in the Netherlands since they'll be in Belgium next week, but no news so far. Damn shame.

New EP is great though, not what I expected for an album released after Ashes.

Just got back from the show and since I have no life, I came here....
Well the gig took place in this little Greek Restaurant/venue... the first three bands were good.
They were post rockish stuff... Agalloch just slayed though
Here's the setlist

Limbs
Falling Snow
As Embers Dress the Sky (second time played ever)
Dead Winter Days (second time played ever)
I am the Wooden Doors
In the Shadow of our Pale Companion
Not Unlike the Waves
Our Fortress is Burning Part II: Bloodbirds

:headbang:

Both the Seattle and Portland shows had the same setlist. The acoustics for the Portland gig were much better though and the crowd was nicer as well. I have tons of pics and a few mini videos my girlfriend took on her new digital camera that we plan on posting soon. We were 2nd/3rd row center at both shows so needless to say we scored some pretty cool pics. All of the openers were good.

Seattle openers -

In Memorium - black metal
Grayceon - avant-garde/progressive metal

Portland openers -

Russian Circles - post rock
Grayceon (got about 15 minutes less than in Seattle)
Red Sparowes - post rock (saw them in Seattle a few nights before and they were much better in Portland even with the shortened set)

They put on a good show. I know this was already said but at the portland show, the acoustics sounded way better than I expected so each band sounded on top of their game. Red Sparrows even had video arrangements to compliment their music... not sure their setlist as i'm not familiar with the band... good stuff though

How were Red Sparowes live?

I would love to see them.

I saw them about a year ago when Josh Graham was still in the band and they sounded great. The new guitarist they have screwed up a few times in Seattle but he fixed those mistakes in Portland and the band sounded amazing! Here is what I can remember of the setlist -

The Great Leap Forward
A Message of Avarice
(new song that was around 7-8 minutes)
Like the Howling Glory
Alone and Unaware
Buildings Began to Stretch
(new song that was around 5-6 minutes)

I was at the Seattle show as well and I agree that the sound wasn't too spectacular. Agalloch still rocked it though.

Did you happen to score any merchandise at all?

I picked up a grey Agalloch shirt with the logo in black and some mythical creature on the front and tour dates on back . I also picked up Ashes Against the Grain on black vinyl that I was very surprised they were selling since they're oop. I also bought a Grayceon shirt that was only $12, can't beat that. You?