Agalloch

kiwifury

New Metal Member
Mar 28, 2002
California
Jim,

You've heard The Mantle, right? One question: does the guitarist still play those atrocious off-key leads? That's the one thing that really bothered me on Pale Folklore.

Originally posted by rhavin2112
I don't think anyone outside of The End and the artists in the band has heard it yet. Andreas at The End has stated that the promos won't be going out unitl next week.

The End sent out some CDrs to people...

I do have a copy, Digital Metal's got a copy, beyond that I don't know.

I've been a bad host and not answered this question, because really, I've not had time to go back to Pale Folklore and figure out why I didn't find a problem with the leads there this three years so I had nothing to say 'ah yes this is better'...

... although The Mantle does sound tighter, clearer and more professional all the way through for sure...

Off-key leads? Are you listening to the same "Pale Folklore" that I am? There's some dissonant lead guitar in there on purpose, but it's so minimal that it can't be qualified as "off-key."

As for "The Mantle..." yeah. Wait and find out.

Originally posted by Jim LotFP

The End sent out some CDrs to people...

I do have a copy, Digital Metal's got a copy, beyond that I don't know.

I've been a bad host and not answered this question, because really, I've not had time to go back to Pale Folklore and figure out why I didn't find a problem with the leads there this three years so I had nothing to say 'ah yes this is better'...

... although The Mantle does sound tighter, clearer and more professional all the way through for sure...

I was lucky enough to have Andreas send me a promo as well as setting up an interview with Haughm. And the site hasn't even launched yet!!

Originally posted by Smith
Off-key leads? Are you listening to the same "Pale Folklore" that I am? There's some dissonant lead guitar in there on purpose, but it's so minimal that it can't be qualified as "off-key."

As for "The Mantle..." yeah. Wait and find out.

He does actually fall out of key in places, note the bends in "She Painted Fire Across the Skyline" for example. I can go through the album again and point out some specific moments if you want.

Anyway, I've listened to the sample from the new album and it does indeed sound much more refined and professional.