Agalloch's New Song - has anyone got it?

Detric said:
im waiting for one to pop up on ebay :err:

Me too... mostly out of curiosity. If copies of 'Of Stone, Wind and Pillor' are going for around $100 on eBay then I'd really like to know how much people would pay for the wooden box LP.

AshDLS said:
Me too... mostly out of curiosity. If copies of Stone, Wind and Pillor are going for around $100 then I'd really like to know how much people would pay for the Pale Folklore wooden box.

i have both. hooray. lol @ agalloch noobs buying things after theyre out of print.

'Ashes...' is a great album, though not as brilliant as 'The Mantle', but definitely much better than 'Pale Folklore'

Dreadful said:
I'm actually thinking about selling my grey ep...I paid 12 bucks for that shit.

Heh, I just bought a second copy off Vendlus Records today since they're having a big sale, it was only $6.66. Also picked up an Especially Likely Sloth vinyl for $3.33.

I saw earlier this month they still had 30 copies available, 3 last week, when I checked out my shopping cart it said mine was the last copy :eek:
After I checked out it's not shown on their page anymore :eek:

I wonder how much a wooden box Pale Folklore would sell for... last week a sealed Of Stone... went for $85 I think.

Ashes against the grain is a pretty good album. I see how it's more rock influenced...some godspeed influence too...they're breaking away from the folky acoustic parts and putting more into clean electric and post rock. It's not as good as pale folklore or the mantle, but I guess I'd have to listen again.

ive come to the conclusion that the clean guitar part in fire above, ice below just before the "there was never a silence like this before" line is fucking awesome.

also, not unlike the waves has got to be the best song they've ever written. great clean guitar parts in that one too.

I just DL'd it Sunday and after five good listend I can easily say that this is the best damn release I have heard in the last five years. The second part of "Our Fortress Is Burning" where Anderson makes the guitar "weep" is so damn emotional. These guys simply kick ass.

shark22 said:
Don Anderson would be dissapointed in you.
I think he'd be more disappointed in the seller.

I recall an interview where he said that would hurt him if he saw something like that on ebay but he understands from the buyer's perspective wanting something rare as he himself have bid crazy amounts for rare albums.