Age, Location, Metal

I'm 19. I live in BC, Canada...I've been into 'extreme' metal for at least 5 years.

But prior to metal I was more into darker rock acts like Marilyn Manson, since about 1996, so at a young age, I knew it was inevitable that one day I would be a fan of metal.

Yeah when I was younger the first band I listened to was Metallica, they were the Gate way band to Metal for me. I also listened to a bit of Megadeth, Pantera and other such "mainstream" metal bands. I didn't discover the "underground" stuff until about age 19-20 a friend from Puerto Rico introduced me to fucking EVERYTHING and I was blown away. I didn't even know this Metal movement existed! Ever since I've been hooked, searching for new bands, going to concerts buy CD's from all over, Going on these forums trying to learn more and find more bands, it's been an obsession, but I like it.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I've only listened to real metal for a little more than a year now.

17, Da Nethalands. I've been hearing metal for 6 or 7 years, through siblings and friends mostly, but I only started appreciating it 4 years or so ago.