Yeah, pretty much what everyone else says, you're never too old.
Last year, I was 20, and I was with a band of guys that were all 40+ But it rocked, and we played all kinds of good old shit, like Maiden, Priest, Van Halen, and even wrote some shit. Never too old.

However, I too wish I had an earlier start. I didn't pick up my axe until I was 16, and didn't have any formal lessons until a couple months ago (at 21).

I think as long as you can get the sound you want, and its the sound others want, it'll all be good. Chances are they'll hear you before they see how old you are, and once they hear ya, they won't care about your age. :D

Anyway Goodluck bud, and Rock on
-Needle-

I'm 35 and I still play (not as much as I should) but there have been some great musicians out there that had a later start than others. Playing in a band is more important to some than others, but to me, playing music for myself is just as satisfying as playing it for others.

Bryant

I started playing bass two years ago (when I was 17), but I just practiced alot and went to the librabry, got some books about music theory, to teach myself. Now I'm playing Dream Theater, Symphony X, and I started playing Joe Satriani with a guitarist friend of mine a couple of months ago (although some of Stu Hamm's basslines are a little out of my league :p).... So it all depends on how bad you want it, and how much time you're willing to sacrifice for it.

Dark Life Dying said:
I started playing bass two years ago (when I was 17), but I just practiced alot and went to the librabry, got some books about music theory, to teach myself. Now I'm playing Dream Theater, Symphony X, and I started playing Joe Satriani with a guitarist friend of mine a couple of months ago (although some of Stu Hamm's basslines are a little out of my league :p).... So it all depends on how bad you want it, and how much time you're willing to sacrifice for it.
Cool! :headbang:
Yes I really enjoy playing, it kicks ass being in touch with music again! Although my left wrist is aching...wasn't there a thread about that? *goes looking for it*