Agressive Punk/Crust/Hardcore

General Zaroff

Registered Lunatic
May 28, 2007
Ship Trap Island
And I mean aggressive.

I wanted to check out some Punk since the genre influenced Metal somewhat. Not exactly sure on what I'm looking for. Possibly some Punk-y Thrash/Crossover or Crust.

Excuse my lack of a specific description.

I can't help much because I've just recently begun doing the same thing myself. But for lyrical aggression, you've gotta go with GG Allin, with songs like Jesus and Mother's Cunt, Stick a Cross up a Nun's Cunt, I'm Gonna Rape You... the lyrical extremity reminds me of Black Metal. And some of the original hardcore punk bands like Bad Brains remind me of the gritty underground sound of bands like Hellhammr.

But there are probably a lot of bands out there that fit your description better than the 2 I mentioned.

^

This thread is one of the very few reasons why ohiogrinder shouldn't have been banned. :p

Check these out:

Doom
Amebix
DISRUPT
Decontrol
Disclose
Tragedy
Nausea
Dropdead

...and for some newer stuff:

Wolfbrigade
Disfear
Skitsystem
Caustic Christ
Nuclear Death Terror

Disrupt, Amebix, Skitsystem, Discharge and Axegrinder are all great but as for things people haven't mentioned.

Crust

Martyrdod (my favourite crust band by far and tbh they sound angrier to me than any of the others above, Disrupt maybe being an exception)
Antisect
Avskum
Acursed
Confrontation
Downward Spiral
Heresy
No Security
Uncurbed

Hardcore

Blacklisted
Give Up The Ghost / American Nightmare (old name)
Ceremony
The Banner
The Warriors
Down To Nothing
Converge
Today Is The Day

^ last two aren't really hardcore as I think of it but I dunno what you'd call them really, they sound angry anyhow

Grind/Deathgrind

Nasum
Deathbound
Rotten Sound
Circle Of Dead Children
Gadget
The Ocean
Brutal Truth
Birdflesh

Should prolly check out Minor Threat, Cro-Mags, Stormtroopers Of Death, Phobia, Pig Destroyer, Assück, Crumbsuckers, SSD, Municipal Waste, Dirty Rotten Imbeciles, etc. Yeah.. lotsa bands. ;<

Coliseum
Cursed
Trap Them
Stormcrow
Converge
Fight Amp
Engineer
Driller Killer
Disfear
Skaven
Nausea
Tragedy
Deviated Instinct
Buzzoven
His Hero is Gone
Extinction of Mankind
The Varukers

Ok! I didn't want to make a long list so the essentials (or the ones that I've been listening to the most lately) are:
Coliseum - S/T
Cursed - III (actually, all their albums)
Stormcrow/Sanctum Split LP
Fight Amp - Hungry For Nothing
Converge - any and all

All are very aggressive.