Any of you like punk/hardcore? (yes, it's a bit off-topic)

MURAI

-
Nov 6, 2002
Canada
I dont exactly like how metalcore or emo metalcore (which is worse) is becoming the new trend. Every band seems to ripping off either Lamb of God or Killswitch Engage. We all know what happens when something becomes a trend. A breed of similar bands come out and they become mainstream and every band does it which saturates the scene. It becomes a trend and then dies off. But, punk did do some good things like influence thrash metal and grind for example.

Next to metal I like punk/hardcore. List some punk/hardcore bands you like.

Biohazard
Converge
Cro-Mags
Madball
Napalm Death

S.O.D kings of true hardcore!

BTW, I will not call Napalm Death hardcore, they're grindcore to the bone (and good one IMO).

good hardcore :
Sick Of It All (awesome live act)
Refused (the kings)
Agnostic Front (One Voice is their best but has a shitty prod)

as for metalcore, check out :
the old Earth Crisis
Morning Again

new metalcore :
Remembering Never
or
Reflux
are no copy-cats
fine bands !

GBH, The Exploited, Chaos UK, Broken Bones, Christian Death(well there earlier material
was goth punk), DRI, Ramones, Suicidal, Crumbsuckers, Angry Samoans, NOFX, Bad Religon, Face To Face, Total Chaos, Rancid as you can see punk is my second favorite
form of music then Industrial Goth or whatever you want to call it and OLD country music.

SOD, DRI, Suicidal, Discharge, Capital Scum, ... There was (and still is) a very good Hardcore (I mean REAL hardcore, not the shit they call hardcore now) in the Haegeland area in Belgium. I used to visit alot of shows there in the 80's when the hardcore scene peeked. Was very much fun and some belgian bands were outstanding (like Capital Scum and Belgian Associality)
In the area I lived were some bands that played Extreme noise metal (Agathocles is best known of them) and I saw very early small concerts with Napalm Death, Extreme Noise Terror, DBC , ...) Was funny for a few gigs but I liked hardcore more...

:Smug:
carnut said:
SOD, DRI, Suicidal, Discharge, Capital Scum, ... There was (and still is) a very good Hardcore (I mean REAL hardcore, not the shit they call hardcore now) in the Haegeland area in Belgium. I used to visit alot of shows there in the 80's when the hardcore scene peeked. Was very much fun and some belgian bands were outstanding (like Capital Scum and Belgian Associality)
In the area I lived were some bands that played Extreme noise metal (Agathocles is best known of them) and I saw very early small concerts with Napalm Death, Extreme Noise Terror, DBC , ...) Was funny for a few gigs but I liked hardcore more...

best belgian hardcore band : FACE DOWN then they changed their name to .calibre and became quite shitty

ever heard of them or seen them live ? :Smug:

T.I.E. said:
:Smug:

best belgian hardcore band : FACE DOWN then they changed their name to .calibre and became quite shitty

ever heard of them or seen them live ? :Smug:

Nope, never heard of them, is that a newer band or also 80's ???

more like early/mid 90's

that's when I was regularily coming to Belgium for hardcore shows since there was so little in Paris...

T.I.E. said:
more like early/mid 90's

that's when I was regularily coming to Belgium for hardcore shows since there was so little in Paris...

Mmmm, mid 90's I was out of music most of the time so I don't know much stuff from that time, except for some friends of me that played in Exoto (Thrash/Death) around that time...

growing up in n.y.- hardcore/punk had a huge influence on me. I mostly listen to the older stuff.some bands are going strong today some aren't.but i dig em all. a few of my faves:
cro-mags
agnostic front
crumbsuckers
murphy's law
killing time
sick of it all
sheer terror
s.o.d.
also punk bands
G.B.H.
circlc jerks
black flag
d.k. -I'll stop here for now too many to mention- the older the better!
I recommend the new madball'legacy" and the latest agnostic front-"another voice" good tunes form older bands in my opinion.its cool to see folks around here dig some of this stuff!

pretty much the old school bands people have mentioned so far and some of the so called Pop Punk bands i like Green Day, OffSpring, Rancid etc.. also another hardcore band peeps have probably never heard of because they didnt last long is Six and Violence...

I forgot to mention and i dont think anyone else did.. but Social Distortion... great band... I listen to them in the car on the way to work sometimes...

#1_Droogie said:
I'm suprised JD hasnt mentioned these guys yet:
Pro-Pain
great metal/hardcore crossover, their songs where they dont rap are killer
Look at some of Johnny D's postings he's into them also Droogie you should
check out Pro Pain's vocalist's old band The Crumbsuckers they were a badass
punk band! And Social Distortion fuckin rules!!!