punk/hardcore/crust

cthulufhtagn

Went Out for Smokes 13 Years Ago
Jul 19, 2004
south of washington
i've been listening to a few punk/hardcore-oriented bands recently (tragedy, kylesa, give up the ghost) and i'm wonder what the general opinion is about punk music...i'm not talking about pussy pop shit, obviously alkaline trio has no musical merit :loco: , but i've been hearing some good stuff that fills in a sort of grey area between punk and metal, and i don't mean metalcore. any thoughts?

I want to hear whatever Quorthon and the guys in Hellhammer were listening to when they were coming up with stuff for their records.

One of the best extreme albums of the year is Cursed 'II'. It is black punk/hardcore/metal. My avatar is the album cover. You should definitely check it out.

By the way, the definition of punk/hardcore/crust is probably Napalm Death 'Scum'.

I've always had a passion for crust. I love the simplicity of it as compared to the other music I listen to. Great drinking music as well.

Tragedy - Vengeance and Tragedy - s/t are both classics and are groovy as hell :kickass:One of the few bands who are always in drop d that I can call talented, despite the over-abundance of power chords (as goes all crust/punk)

Skitsystem - Allt E Skit also rules hard. Very raw, early crust. Definitely a must hear if you're into the genre. (to bad Tomas Lindberg left them to pursue other gay things like Nightrage and The Great Deceiver.)

Wolfpack - Allday Hell is one of the best albums to ever grace the crust scene. In the vein of Mötorhead these guys take crust to a completely different level. Oh, and their vocalist is teh win.

As far as hardcore goes, all I can really tolerate is Shogun - Iconoclast which is a legendary album (the power of Christ compells you all to download this one NOW) and Old Man Gloom who genre bounce so much I don't really consider them hardcore. As far as traditional punk... to hell with traditional punk. Oh, and fuck drunk punk, oi, and the million other sub-genres therein.

One more thing... anyone who even mentions Converge shall die. I'm looking at you MajestikPüse (muahaha, youre secret is out YOU LISTEN TO CONVERGE)

cool bands mentioned here
dri, dk, tragedy etc

some good crust from ireland - Debt- you'd like them
also, my name is satan and the dagda

you should check out deviated instinct, legendary band

especially the nailed 12"

mid who was the guitar player / singer for them (also does sleeve for napalm death etc)
has a band now called Bait, really good stuff
very raw (you can buy it here- www.vermitronic.me.uk plug plug)

but theres some free downloads from the bait site

there are tons of bands who carry on the crust into more imaginative music too
listen to early nuerosis!

vb_puke.jpg
-est topic ever

oh man yesterday this dude i work with gave me like 40 fucking cd's to rip to my computer, it's all grind, crust, and punk....phobia, dropdead, from ashes rise, misfits, kylesa, toxic narcotic....

one by capitalist casualties called "subdivisions in ruin"...featuring songs such as "addiction to petroleum" and "government clean-up plan". gotta love punk haha :tickled: