Akercocke

Kir-ir-Bannog

...no ordinary rabbit
Jul 2, 2004
Cambridge, UK
Hmmmm....

i was listening to the latest Akercocke album last night. I have to say that i really enjoyed the music, but the vocals are just beyond ridiculous for the most part. Now i like quite a lot of extreme vocals, Mikael, Dan Swano, Tatgren, David Vincent, etc....but this is beyond ridiculous.

Its a real shame, cos his clear vox work well, if he toned down his guttural lows and rubbish screeching, i would definately enjoy it far more.

The music is really well composed.

OK im bored.....so indulge me, what is the general consensus about Mendonca?

[yes i realise that this album has been out for quite some time]

another Akercocke thread....

I take the band with a pinch of salt and I really enjoy the various vocals styles they use, Although im not too keen on the cheesy evil laughing. :erk:

And also that one song where he goes *pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa!* over that riff.
Hilarious stuff :lol:.

Pethical said:
yeah the vocals occasionally let down the music, but the music is so good it is irrelevant

the vox either make me laugh out of sheer incredulousless or it grates me. I just cant take it seriously.

I like Mendonca. He's improved, at least. And the gutteral low vocals are well good! If entirely incomprehensible. Just don't like the laughing. Other than that, i see no problem with the vox on 'Words That Go Unspoken...'

Mmm... I think Jason's voice is great and I love his screeching. How long have you been listening to them? Perhaps you need more time? And yeah that cheesy evil laugh sounds like santa!

Kir-ir-Bannog said:
i was listening to the latest Akercocke album last night. I have to say that i really enjoyed the music, but the vocals are just beyond ridiculous for the most part. Now i like quite a lot of extreme vocals, Mikael, Dan Swano, Tatgren, David Vincent, etc

umm, you just named the introductory child set of extreme metal vocalists. of course you like those guys, theyre the most accessible growlers in the business. verbatim!

Akercocke is pretty much awesome. My only complaint about their catalogue is Choronzon, but even that one has some badass tracks on it.

Ten SiSi said:
Akercocke is pretty much awesome. My only complaint about their catalogue is Choronzon, but even that one has some badass tracks on it.

choronzon is top notch. better than their previous 2 by far. and definitely the introductory album to their latest.

What can I say? I've listened to it quite a bit and it has yet to click with me.