Akerfleldt on the next porcupine tree record.

Mike's not gonna growl on the new PT album. Steven said that the new album would be taking a more 'rock' approach as 'In Absentia' was 'more geared towards metal'

dunno, but that means no growls.

And any of you who support Mike growling on a PT album need to be smashed over the head with a sledgehammer.

Bumblefoot said:
what the hell are you talking about first prog rock album with growls? Just off the top of my head, Ayreon comes to mind, starting with Into The Electric Castle. Not to mention Mike's growls on THE anyway.
ayreon would be classified as progressive metal before it would be classified as progressive rock in my opinion.

but either way...i was kidding.

mot- said:
Nightwish ? Uh. Do you get any financial/sexual compensation for that suffering ? ;)

Nah, there not that bad, although id much rather see Lacuna Coil, its better than nothing. Ill be on holiday, so its cool.

Strip the soul, creator has a master tape and wedding nails are metal songs, the whole album has a menacing metal flavour to it.

NineFeetUnderground said:
ayreon would be classified as progressive metal before it would be classified as progressive rock in my opinion.

but either way...i was kidding.

doesnt adding a genre to the title (i.e. progressive METAL) sort of negate the progressive aspect of it?