Album artwork......your fave covers!

My current faves are as follows......

Iced Earth - Something Wicked .......
Blind Guardian - Imaginations.......
Freedom Call - Eternity......and Crystal Empire and Stairway....
Gamma Ray - Blast From The Past

Old faves have to be....

Magnum - Storyteller's Night, Chase The Dragon and 11th Hour
Yes - Fragile, Tales From ...
Led Zep - Physical Graffiti
Rush - Permanent Waves

Have to agree with Power of the Dragonflame. The special edition that folds out with the DVD is awesome!!

other great covers:

rhapsody - legendary tales
avantasia - part2
blind guardian - nightfall in middle earth
dreamtale - beyond reality

there is alot of nice covers out there...

As a kid I always waited eagerly for the new Iron Maiden covers.....up to and including 7th son! and round about the same time the Helloween covers looked awesome as well.

Dragonmaiden...yeah Rodney Matthews stuff is awesome!

I'm a big Rodney Matthews fan...which makes me think...how could I have forgotten.....Living On Borrowed Time by Diamond Head...:)

Good to see that there are a few more fans of Paul Gregory here. His stuff is excellent...apart from his work for Freedom Call he of course painted the cover for BGs Night at the Opera and alot of the Saxon covers including Crusader, Unleash the Beast and Killing Ground. He also does the artwork for Bloodstock. I had the pleasure of seeing alot of the paintings close up at the last Bloodstock and was well impressed. Apparently they sell for about £3k a piece so if any of us win the lottery......:lol:

I was thinking about Maiden covers too.....Powerslave has always been my fave. I have the Ed Hunter computer game and that makes me smile revisiting all the old cover scenes.

Helloween covers....my fave has to be Walls of Jericho....with good ol' Fangface putting in an appearence.

I was soooo disappointed with that Ed Hunter game when it came out. I remember reading the interviews with the band where they were saying that is was a "state of the art" game etc...hmm...not too sure about that one!

That Diamond Head cover is awesome! I'd forgotten about that one.

Somewhere In Time - Is a brilliant cover (not my fave maiden album though).

I also like Gamma Ray's Powerplant, No World Order and Somewhere Out In Space.

Power Symphony's Lightbringer is a wonderful cover too.

and Rainbow Rising must be probably my fave of all time!

Originally posted by Symphony
I was soooo disappointed with that Ed Hunter game when it came out. I remember reading the interviews with the band where they were saying that is was a "state of the art" game etc...hmm...not too sure about that one!

Oh yes, the enthusiasm displayed in the biography is impressive but doesn't stand up to the game at all, sadly. Take away the music and there's no real point playing it :cry:

Somewhere In Time is a lush album, I really want to say - those synths, those solos (there's a few on there that sound really similar, Caught Somewhere In Time and The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner for example. I really love that) and the "oooooooooh ooooooh oooh!" in Sea Of Madness :D I'll have to dig out my copy soonish!

Anyway, fave album covers -

Iron Maiden - most stuff but inparticular The X Factor. Really stands out as something different!
Burzum - Aske (nuff said!)

hey, i ordered that album about 7 days ago..i guess i will have it by the end of next week..looking forward to it :)
i have some songs from the album on mp3. the night of dreams is a nice song..one question: is "save me" on the album?
i know it is on the sons of thunder album, but isn't it a bonus track on return to heaven denied?