Album feedback

Eagle

Raging Heathen!
Sep 10, 2002
Northern Shores Of The Humber
Visit site

I've had a good listen to the album now and think it's beautifully written and packaged. The musicianship seems very tight and the sound reminds of something between Labyrinth's Return To Heaven Denied and Heavenly's Sign Of The Winner. Like DragonMaiden my fave 2 tracks or Powerquest pt1 and Wings Of Forever. Now I just eagerly await a live performance!

Some thoughts from Z-roxx...a division of Alices Records

For a change, this is a new British Melodic Power Metal outfit and bloody fine they are too. Signed to the Underground Symphony label this stands up well against most Euro Power acts and shows that this band could well be destined for bigger stages. There's not a bad song on the album, the title track and "Freedom Of Thought" being particularly outstanding. Be at the front of the queue and don't get left behind on this album!

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I last posted - soooo much shit going on I haven't had time.

I hope no one is having trouble getting hold of the album. It's a pain that we haven't got full distribution sorted yet but it's getting there.

Thanks to you all for your on going support. It means a lot to the band. I think Steve's already said the rest...

...Stay METAL!

Here's the thoughts of bass playing mate Nigel, from Bristol (UK)

What an opening! I love the prelude. The guest guitarist is pretty awesome.
Andrea? I get the impression that is a bloke rather than a girl. The first
couple of tracks just blast past in a total frenzy, with heavily classically
influenced melodies. Love the vocal intro to track 2 (or 3 including the intro). The full studio re-working of the longer song on the original demo (sorry I'm crap with titles - that's a payoff for the CD age) is excellent. The album consistently delivers - I am amazed at how consistent it is actually! Not one bad song, which is by itself an outstanding accomplishment. If there was one song that I had to say is the worst, that would be the last (real) track.Having said that, I get the feeling that one will be a "grower".

Sound is great throughout, if a little too reverby on the vocals for my (albeit conceited) taste (Having produced and mixed sessions, you get awfully picky!). But bloody hell, can he sing!! He tends to play it "less metal" than I would have expected, keeping the soaring vocals minimal and god, does it work! When he lets rip, he lets rip! Musicianship is flawless throughout.

Must see you guys live now! When's the next dates?

Truly an impressive debut album which doesn't sound like a debut at all! Way
too mature and professional for a first effort.

8/10

Bloody Right.

I'll be starting work on the review probably tonight. This is a Serious Contender for the next Editors Choice on the site.

BTW to the 3 winners of the competition i will be posting the CD's off on Saturday morning

For Ale
For Albion
For METAL

A.

Originally posted by Metal-Adam
I hope no one is having trouble getting hold of the album. It's a pain that we haven't got full distribution sorted yet but it's getting there.

As I've been telling Symphony, it's still not in shops down my way (Plymouth, Devvun)...I checked eveywhere last weekend and was in HMV yesterday, so unless I've missed it in the meantime :) and as I've said, I'm looking to buy it off UM this weekend :)

I got "Wings of Forever" in the post yesterday... and it hasn't been let out of my cd player since! Surely this can't be a bad sign? hehe..

The album kicks ass guys, I didn't expect it would be this good cause it's only a debut. You should try to get on the WOA 2003 bill!

By the way, some of the songs are so ultra melodic and catchy on that album I could easily see them bring hits!

Can anyone else picture PowerQuest as the christmas number one with "Immortal Plains"??

Seriously though, people have got to be tired of the same old shit every year in the charts, it's time for something new and I reckon a new band like PQ has potential to be very commercial if they explored the correct channels. I don't mean commercial as a bad thing, I'm just recalling the days when there actually used to be good bands getting bit hits on TOTP, bands in touch with the spirit of music who a passionate relationship with their instruments... and I believe the time will come again when bands like PQ get the success they deserve...

What goes around.. comes around. Everything possible, every day!

NP: PQ - Follow your heart
"The chance you have may never come to you again
you need some courage now to make a choice my friend" - great stuff

Woohoo!
Yep, I got my copy yesterday.
:OMG:
It is like I expected, a great album. Upbeat, and lighthearted!
..leaves me speechless..I have no words.. :worship: :D

Everything on this album kills : the fast guitar riffs, the bass, the amazing keyboards, the progressive breaks and not to forget Allesios vocals.
I've heard through the whole album four times now, and I can't find one bad song. The album rules, and every song is great, but my favorite tracks are:

- Wings of Forever
In my opinion, the best track on the album. What's not to like?
I love everything related to this song: The well written lyrics, the keyboards, the guitars, EVERYTHING!
It's has the typical Quest sound; melodic and catchy!

- Power Quest p.1
This track shows the progressive side of the Quest.
It's all very melodic and the progressive parts are great.
So damn catchy! I mean, we're talking about Power Quest, all of their material is catchy.
Got to love the chorus on this one!

- Beyond The Stars
Incredible temp! Ultra fast guitar riffs with awesome keyboard effects.
The guitars reminds me abit of Dragonforce, which is logical, since Sam stands for the music/melody on this track.

- Immortal Plains
A beautiful power ballad! The piano/keyboards, the melodic tune and the lyrics makes this one of the best power ballads I've ever heard!
Allesios vocals impress me even more on this song.
This guy has a great voice, and it's quite understandable that he was recommended by Underground Symphony :)
The female vocals by Tina Groom fits perfect in the chorus, and the combination of it all makes it a beautiful power ballad.

So, that was my favorite tracks.
The debut is a Power/Speed Metal jewel, and I'm already eagerly awaiting the next release :)
Thank you Steve and Power Quest for bringing this Powah to the people :D

NP: Power Quest - Freedom of Thought

Freedom of thought is the virtue you need
To secure the future with hope and belief
Explore your ambitions and open your minds
There's no limit to what you can find

Just got the album, "Wings Of Forever" today and I must say: It's even better than I expected!!!!!!

To coin a phrase from Darth Vader- "Impressive......MOST impressive...."

The album totally kicks ass and I think Power Quest may have a possible album of the year. Every track is well played with incredible musicianship as well as Alessio's vocals. GREAT stuff!!!!!!
Looking forward to the next album already.
Steve I hope you guys can top yourselves because this is a great debut album!!!!!!:headbang: :D :tickled: :headbang:

Athallus, WW and Crystal King! WOW! What can I say? Thanks for the great feedback guys. I'm totally blown away by your reactions.

Again sorry for not posting sooner but as mentioned elsewhere, my PC was fried in a lightning storm on Friday night (pretty metal though!)

"Again sorry for not posting sooner but as mentioned elsewhere, my PC was fried in a lightning storm on Friday night (pretty metal though!)"

This happened to me too mate!!! And it was metal.. cause after it happened got a new better PC and started producing my bands demo :)

Getting your PC fried is a positive omen from the Gods of Metal, Thunder and Lightening!!!!!