Album of the year 2006!

In no particular order
Decapitated - Organic Hallucinosis
Amon Amarth - With Oden on our Side
Summoning - Oath Bound

Havent checked out yet the new Katatonia, Kalmah and Insomnium and btw, why do you people all list Come Clarity? I mean, I listen to it sometimes, but wouldnt put it on the list in my wildest dreams

...and btw, why do you people all list Come Clarity? I mean, I listen to it sometimes, but wouldnt put it on the list in my wildest dreams

I never listen to it, it sucks :puke: , I don't even know how some people even put it on the list.

In no particular order
Decapitated - Organic Hallucinosis
Summoning - Oath Bound

Havent checked out yet the new Katatonia, Kalmah and Insomnium and btw, why do you people all list Come Clarity? I mean, I listen to it sometimes, but wouldnt put it on the list in my wildest dreams

I can say that about 90% of whatever is else listed on here (exluding my own posts): to each his own.

In no particular order:

Insomnium - Above the Weeping World
Enforsaken - Sinner's Intuition
Kalmah - The Black Waltz
Illnath - Second Skin of Harlequin
Korpiklaani - Tales Along this Road
Enter My Silence - Coordinate: D1sa5t3r
Wolven Ancestry - The Wrath of Gaia
XIV Dark Centuries - Skithingi
Myrkgrav - Trollskau, Skrømt Og Kølabrenning

Still some other albums to come out yet this year aswell.

Strangely enough, I find Random End the better of the two, even though I like Profane Omen more as a band - Beaten Into Submission feels too much like a "compilation album" of sorts with all the old songs included.

-Villain

That can only happen to people who´ve been listening to the demos for the last five years ;)
Even so, I´m happy that Painbox and all the other songs made it to the album, they are part of the history and damn great songs at the same time. Besides, if you have material that you already tested live and stuff that you know for sure is working, and where hundreds of people gave feedback to, that´s pretty much a perfect situation. There´ll be many albums in the future with new music :cool:

Strangely enough, I find Random End the better of the two, even though I like Profane Omen more as a band - Beaten Into Submission feels too much like a "compilation album" of sorts with all the old songs included.

I don't want to sound like a completely ignorant person, but I haven't heard even 20% of all the albums mentioned in this thread. It has become quite obvious that I don't have enough time to check out new music. :cry:

-Villain

Actually I find Random End better as well, but maybe it's cos PO changed the
songs a bit for the album or maybe it's just cos I've heard them so many times
before. Random End feels more "fresh" I guess, will remain to be seen if it stays
that was in the long run tho.

And yeah, I feel your pain with the time issue, haven't had much time to check
anything new either.

Communic - Waves of Visual Decay
Falconer - Northwind
Kalmah - The Black Waltz
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance
Mercenary - The Hours That Remain
Fragments of Becoming - Sterling Black Icon
Kataklysm - In The Arms Of Devastation
Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side
Into Eternity - Scattering of Ashes
Blind Guardian - A Twist In Myth

1-uneXpect - In A Flesh Aquarium
2-Mastodon - Blood Mountain
3-Amon Amarth - With Oden on our Side
4- Moonspell - Memorial
5-Tool - 10,000 Days

1. Katatonia – The Great Cold Distance
2. Cannibal Corpse – Kill
3. Napalm Death – Smear Campaign
4. Blind Guardian – A Twist In The Myth
5. Amorphis – Eclipse
6. In Flames – Come Clarity
7. Moonspell – Memorial
8. GWAR – Beyond Hell
9. Dissection – Reinkaos
10. The Devin Townsend Band – Synchresta

-Vince

Agalloch - Ashes
Korpiklaani - Tales
Summoning - Oath Bound
Drudkh - blood
Dissection - Reinkaos
Communic - Waves
Insomnium - Above
manegarm - Uriminnes
Katatonia - GCD
Saturnus - Veronika

Been a pretty suck ass year, new MDB is terrible, Bork's acoustic album is bland, New moonspell is boring, satyricon is too simple.....

1. Katatonia – The Great Cold Distance
2. Cannibal Corpse – Kill
3. Napalm Death – Smear Campaign
4. Blind Guardian – A Twist In The Myth
5. Amorphis – Eclipse
6. In Flames – Come Clarity
7. Moonspell – Memorial
8. GWAR – Beyond Hell
9. Dissection – Reinkaos
10. The Devin Townsend Band – Synchresta

-Vince

Thank god! I was going to write something about that, but didn't...I totally agree.

Some of us have good music taste :) ( :headbang: ).

eRraZib_Mart_ENo said:
1-uneXpect - In A Flesh Aquarium

And at last someone that knows what TEH music is!:headbang: :kickass: :headbang: .
It is so sad that some people just don't listen to it, but oh well, it's their loss.
Btw, if anyone is interested in listening to it, you sholdn't wait any more, you're missing out on what truly is the best album of the year.

Im planing to buy In A Flesh Aquarium soon. If it's better then the firsts ones, then it must be fuckin good.