Albums currently kicking your ass

angelus-apatrida-the-call.jpg

God damn fool, Ive heard of barely any of these post bands youve been posting...Where do you find these guys? I got some work to do.

Spotify, my man. They have an absolute fuckton of these guys and frankly I've barely scratched the surface. Started with I think Oathbreaker and clicked "similar artists", just started daisy chaining from there.

Like I was listening to Omega Massif and hit similar artists, got this:

reroJ.png

So I pick a couple albums with nifty covers, cue 'em up, and then if I really like one of them more than the others, I check out artists similar to THEM, and so on!

Spotify, my man. They have an absolute fuckton of these guys and frankly I've barely scratched the surface. Started with I think Oathbreaker and clicked "similar artists", just started daisy chaining from there.

Like I was listening to Omega Massif and hit similar artists, got this:

reroJ.png

So I pick a couple albums with nifty covers, cue 'em up, and then if I really like one of them more than the others, I check out artists similar to THEM, and so on!

I'm not huge on this whole post metal deal but Year of No Light, Mouth of the Architect, and Light Bearer are all pretty solid. Light Bearer have these emo style clean vocals that are a bit off-putting though.

That Primitive Weapons cover in that image is a DIRECT rip-off of the Leæther Strip album cover for Underneath the Laughter.

Lemme tell you something, dude. Amenra and Latitudes stomp all over everything else on that screen. Amenra's Mass III + IIII double album (really just a combo album) is amongst the best I've ever heard.

Lemme tell you something, dude. Amenra and Latitudes stomp all over everything else on that screen. Amenra's Mass III + IIII double album (really just a combo album) is amongst the best I've ever heard.

Wow this has to be THE most pretentious track-list:

amenratracklist.png

It's the post equivalent of all the brutal/death bands with stupid long titles, and still not nearly as bad as the goregrind assholes with titles like "Haemorph Endartemectomized Punzed Eozinophille".