Albums currently kicking your ass

189521.jpg

ColdWorld - Melancholie2

hey ! I'm new over here and I would like to introduce you my band called "From obscurity" (from France).We just completed our first Ep.It's influenced ,amongst others ,by Dissection ... if you have interest for it , don't hesitate , come and listen to our songs at this page : http://www.reverbnation.com/fromobscurity
Don't hesitate to leave a comment to say if you like or if you hate it :)
(we're currently working on the album to come)

:lol:

And Kevin, I heard Dodecahedron for the first time last week thanks to this board (maybe it was a post from you?)...oh holy fuck shit yes. I've missed out on A LOT of good music during my 3 1/2 year disappearance and that is one band I wish I'd heard sooner than later.

And Kevin, I heard Dodecahedron for the first time last week thanks to this board (maybe it was a post from you?)...oh holy fuck shit yes. I've missed out on A LOT of good music during my 3 1/2 year disappearance and that is one band I wish I'd heard sooner than later.
Yeah, their s/t is incredible.

When you say similar stuff, I suppose you mean Deathspell Omega, because they're the only band with an overly comparable sound and I'd agree they're better, but I doubt you mean DsO. :lol:

somniumexcessum1.jpg

This album. This album. Holy shit what a return. I might go as far as saying this is AS good as Journey Into Mystery. For the collectors out there, grab this from the band now. They've self released it and it's going to sell out, it has to. It will without a doubt be picked up by a label, but if you want first press, you have limited time, imo.

It's honestly catapulted itself to the best thing I've heard all year.

Also enjoying this

2006228710-1.jpg

The Flight of Sleipnir - Saga
Folk/Doom metal for you crybabies.

That was definitely one of my recs, because you wanted spacey black metal.

Have you heard worC? They're an ambient Djent project you might like if you've the mind for Djent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYSbwBIGq4A

Dodecahedron reminds me of them at times.

Revisiting Aeternam's Disciples of the Unseen. Death metal with some oriental touches.

Edit: With all this talk about Dodecahedron I had to give them a listen. Fucking awesome stuff.

disciplesoftheunseen_disciplesoftheunseen.jpg

<Dream Death>

This album. This album. Holy shit what a return. I might go as far as saying this is AS good as Journey Into Mystery. For the collectors out there, grab this from the band now. They've self released it and it's going to sell out, it has to. It will without a doubt be picked up by a label, but if you want first press, you have limited time, imo.

It's honestly catapulted itself to the best thing I've heard all year.
Sweet! Forgot all about that one, just ordered a copy.

I waited far too long to get into Manowar. If you don't enjoy this, you can kindly go fuck yourself.

310.jpg

Oh yeah, and Anal Cunt's cover of "Gloves of Metal" is both brilliant and probably the best thing Phil Anselmo has ever been involved in.

Last edited by a moderator: