Albums currently kicking your ass

Helstar+%2528USA%2529+-+Nosferatu.jpg

:kickass: one of my favorites

I agree. I've always thought they really sucked and could not write decent interesting or good music at all. John Bush vocally could not even save the band. Armored Saint was really good and should have gotten a lot more recognition than they did.

I totally disagree, when it was released Among the Living was something a bit different and original from other thrash albums, with it's lyrics addressing a number of books and characters, it's shouting vocals in choruses coupled with Scott Ian's often marching-type riffs and the songs many tempo changes.

Exodus and plenty of others were already doing gang shouts and it certainly wasn't the first thrash album lyrically inspired by fiction (not even the first to make a song about Judge Dredd).

Worst drummer ever might be hyperbole, but he is incredibly boring and was the first thing that annoyed me when trying to get into Anthrax. Ask anyone what their favorite Benante moment was and they'll almost always tell you "Milk had blastbeats!!!" or "dat double-bass in Gung-Ho!!!" but little more than that. He has speed on his side and that is about all.

Definitely divided opinion on Anthrax here. Personally I thought their first three albums were great, especially AtL and StD, but they started going silly after that, especially during the fluoro boardshorts/rap era.

With regards to Benante, granted there wasn't a lot of flairy stuff going on, but his speed, double bass and tightness/timing were excellent. Of the big 4 at the time, I'd rate his drumming second behind Lombardo.

Ministry - ΚΕΦΑΛΗΞΘ
JyD7Wcv.jpg

I only liked the first Anthrax album, Fistful of Metal. As opposed to any other albums, I only like songs from them and not really albums. The lyrics are cheesy and reminds me of Disney but not in a good way. I honestly feel the same way, don't really understand why they are in the big four and Overkill isn't.

I honestly feel the same way, don't really understand why they are in the big four and Overkill isn't.

All of you fucking morons saying this shit all the time pisses me the fuck off, THE BIG 4 WERE THE MOST FUCKING POPULAR THRASH BANDS OF THE 80's NOT WHO YOU THINK IS THE FUCKING BEST, GOT IT MOTHERFUCKERS? LITERALLY THE STUPIDEST ARGUMENT OF METAL THAT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOREVER. WHO FUCKING CARES THAT OVERKILL, TESTAMENT, EXODUS ETC AREN'T IN A FUCKING MADE UP TERM BY MEDIA/MAGAZINES OR WHATEVER THE FUCK WAS GOING ON BACK THEN?

All of you fucking morons saying this shit all the time pisses me the fuck off, THE BIG 4 WERE THE MOST FUCKING POPULAR THRASH BANDS OF THE 80's NOT WHO YOU THINK IS THE FUCKING BEST, GOT IT MOTHERFUCKERS? LITERALLY THE STUPIDEST ARGUMENT OF METAL THAT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOREVER. WHO FUCKING CARES THAT OVERKILL, TESTAMENT, EXODUS ETC AREN'T IN A FUCKING MADE UP TERM BY MEDIA/MAGAZINES OR WHATEVER THE FUCK WAS GOING ON BACK THEN?

NO SHIT? The BIg Four were the most popular? DAMN! FUCK! WE DIDNT KNOW THAT!!! What a fucking idiot you are sometimes. Anthrax has always been questioned for being a part of the group because they're a shitty fucking band and other three members of the group are undeniably three of the greatest thrash bands of all time, see the problem there? NO? .... my god , and then you have the nerves to call others morons after a post like that? :lol: