Albums currently kicking your ass

337200.jpg

I don't think I could live without Gojira

NO SHIT? The BIg Four were the most popular? DAMN! FUCK! WE DIDNT KNOW THAT!!! What a fucking idiot you are sometimes. Anthrax has always been questioned for being a part of the group because they're a shitty fucking band and other three members of the group are undeniably three of the greatest thrash bands of all time, see the problem there? NO? .... my god , and then you have the nerves to call others morons after a post like that? :lol:

You're contradicting there buddy, obviously i'm right and how bad they are as musicians or as a whole by your opinion, doesn't matter. They were in the group because they were the 4th or 3rd most popular thrash metal band of the time. Again, it does not matter what anyone thinks of the band, maybe someone thinks they're the greatest heavy metal band in the world, and maybe someone thinks they are the most boring simplistic band to ever exist, it still doesn't fucking matter, the list was about popularity and was A LONG FUCKING TIME AGO, nothing you say will change it in any way other then keeping it alive to talk about how much you hate the big four and that the thrash bands you think are better deserve to be in it. Obviously your reading comprehension is getting bad from the old age :)

If Anthrax was a shitty band (as in like by actual FACT, which in music is pretty much impossible) they wouldn't be so fucking popular that they have people talking shit about how they don't deserve to be in the "big 4" and wouldn't have sold over 15 million records, with thousands of dedicated fans or their own sub-forum here, which is still one of the most active forums here.

I hate how you always state your opinion as fact, and the "i'm better than everyone" attitude.

Hey guise I'm 17 and I know everything about metal there is to know. I read it on Wikipedia. Regardless of how "popular" anthrax was they flat out didn't release anything nearly as good as the other three members of the big four. They also don't have nearly as many good albums as the other three.

"don't really understand why they are in the big four and Overkill isn't" My point is, saying this is fucking retarded, they weren't nearly as popular, that's why they aren't in the big 4, there is nothing to not understand.

If Anthrax was a shitty band (as in like by actual FACT, which in music is pretty much impossible) they wouldn't be so fucking popular that they have people talking shit about how they don't deserve to be in the "big 4" and wouldn't have sold over 15 million records, with thousands of dedicated fans or their own sub-forum here, which is still one of the most active forums here.

So by this logic any band/musician that gains popularity must be talented?
Can you tell me the number of records a band needs to sell to become talented? I´d like to know.

Im not arguing that anthrax was in the big four because of their popularity but your statement above is just stupid.

So by this logic any band/musician that gains popularity must be talented?
Can you tell me the number of records a band needs to sell to become talented? I´d like to know.

Im not arguing that anthrax was in the big four because of their popularity but your statement above is just stupid.

Not exactly "shitty musicians" but calling a band shitty, just because you don't like a band. Anthrax are obviously good musicians in my eyes, they have wrote tons of good songs, and play the songs live almost exactly the same, something I couldn't say about Metallica.

Not exactly "shitty musicians" but calling a band shitty, just because you don't like a band. Anthrax are obviously good musicians in my eyes, they have wrote tons of good songs, and play the songs live almost exactly the same, something I couldn't say about Metallica.

I guess their talent is subjective to who you compare them to.

Personally I never cared for them to say the least!!! but I cant take away from them that they were a popular band.

Anthrax has their place in the big 4 as the easiest to mosh to, and easy to understand music, Megadeth for technicality, Slayer for speed and aggression and Metallica for being the most commercial/popular. I read something like that somewhere a long time ago...

All of you fucking morons saying this shit all the time pisses me the fuck off, THE BIG 4 WERE THE MOST FUCKING POPULAR THRASH BANDS OF THE 80's NOT WHO YOU THINK IS THE FUCKING BEST, GOT IT MOTHERFUCKERS? LITERALLY THE STUPIDEST ARGUMENT OF METAL THAT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOREVER. WHO FUCKING CARES THAT OVERKILL, TESTAMENT, EXODUS ETC AREN'T IN A FUCKING MADE UP TERM BY MEDIA/MAGAZINES OR WHATEVER THE FUCK WAS GOING ON BACK THEN?

The stupidest argument of metal is to state that popularity wins over talent and quality, which is what you're stating. No one is arguing anything, and yes I am going to state what I think because this is a FORUM in which you do that. I didn't say I cared that much anyways because thrash is probably the genre I listen to the least in metal, but the conversation was happening and fuck yes I'm going to say what I think because fuck you :p.

You seriously need to chill the fuck out because it is not that serious. The stupidest argument of metal is to state that popularity wins over talent and quality, which is what you're stating. No one is arguing anything, and yes I am going to state what I think because this is a FORUM in which you do that. I didn't say I cared that much anyways because thrash is probably the genre I listen to the least in metal, but the conversation was happening and fuck yes I'm going to say what I think because fuck you :p.

Anyways, Anthrax is an alright band, but it's pretty obvious they're not amazing. They are a band that have good songs, but are weak when it comes to making an overall good album with the exception of two albums, probably. I'm not taking away from their popularity, but again popularity does not equate to anything but popularity...

If we were talking about which bands are actually better, it would be completely different, but instead people have to bring in "the big 4" in to everything that has to do with thrash metal. That's why it pisses me off, can't we just say for example, "I think Overkill is a far better band than Anthrax", instead of saying "I think Overkill should be in place of Anthrax in the big 4"

If we were talking about which bands are actually better, it would be completely different, but instead people have to bring in "the big 4" in to everything that has to do with thrash metal. That's why it pisses me off, can't we just say for example, "I think Overkill is a far better band than Anthrax", instead of saying "I think Overkill should be in place of Anthrax in the big 4"

Fine.

I edited my post because I thought I might have sounded more pissed off than I really was, which wasn't the case. Personally never had this argument with anyone so didn't know what the issue was to begin with, but it's cool.

folder.jpg

Right now I do not know of a better soul song than Work To Do. <3

With regards to Benante, granted there wasn't a lot of flairy stuff going on, but his speed, double bass and tightness/timing were excellent. Of the big 4 at the time, I'd rate his drumming second behind Lombardo.

I can understand that, and he may be one of the most capable drummers of the big 4, but I'd much rather listen to somebody create in studio beyond what they can repeat live tbh. In that sense, Lars Ulrich was the granddaddy of every Quorthon.

I see your point.