Albums currently kicking your ass

slayer-801-l.jpg

RIP Jeff Hanneman.

lecherousgaze_skids_big.jpg

Dirty, punky rock & roll. They put on an absolutely killer show last night, at the end, their maniac frontman jumped into the crowd to a cover of Johnny B. Goode.

Haven't heard this in ages! Going to stick it on once this has stopped kicking my ass:

http://metalrecusants.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Believer-Dimensions1993.jpg

I've only discovered it recently, but right now it's definitely one of the most interesting 90's alt rock albums I know of. Some of the vocal hooks and more balladic moments are very catchy, yet the song structures and riffs are pretty damn weird. That the most common comparisons I see are to artists as disparate as Voivod and Jeff Buckley makes me pretty confident they were in their own class.

That Believer album is one of my favorites in progressive and thrash metal, too. :kickass:

I've only discovered it recently, but right now it's definitely one of the most interesting 90's alt rock albums I know of. Some of the vocal hooks and more balladic moments are very catchy, yet the song structures and riffs are pretty damn weird. That the most common comparisons I see are to artists as disparate as Voivod and Jeff Buckley makes me pretty confident they were in their own class.

Yeah, the guitar-work and Wedren's vocals on 'Pony Express' make it one of the most undeniably original albums to come out of the 90s. Unfortunately, it's pretty much unknown to most of the public.

This is currently scaring the shit out of my ass rather than kicking it:

suspiria-sountrack.jpg