Albums currently kicking your ass

It's good, seems a lot like the last one. Nothing spectacular, no real variation, no bullshit. Another solid Master album.

Excellent. Just what I want to hear from Master.

They are so damn great live when I saw them a couple months back. Or maybe I was just really drunk and having a great time.

drudkh-eternal-turn-of-the-wheel-20111215150851.jpg

You know...I wasnt impressed with this when it first came out, well, actually I was a bit disappointed to be honest...But I have to say now Ive grown to appreciate it and acknowledge it as another great album from these guys.

The only one of theirs I STILL cannot get into is Songs of Grief and Solitude...I dont think that one will ever grow on me lol

That, along with severed survival and realm of chaos, is one of my top three all time favorite death metal albums.

The hell? You can appreciate old BT but not prime old Incantation? Weirdo. I haven't listened to Golgotha and Mortal Throne in awhile, time to change that.

drudkh-eternal-turn-of-the-wheel-20111215150851.jpg

You know...I wasnt impressed with this when it first came out, well, actually I was a bit disappointed to be honest...But I have to say now Ive grown to appreciate it and acknowledge it as another great album from these guys.

The only one of theirs I STILL cannot get into is Songs of Grief and Solitude...I dont think that one will ever grow on me lol

This album is nothing close to great. Totally inspired and generic. These dudes need to retire. They're more washed up then the dude on the cover.

It's the new In Solitude album (Sister). From what I've heard of it (admittedly just a few songs) the gothic rock influence is pretty overstated and mostly aesthetic. Jarboe does have a guest appearance on it, though.

Made to track three and was pretty underwhelmed. Not bad, but also not really interesting. The vocalist is the main weakness, but overall I was hoping for more based on the description.

That, along with severed survival and realm of chaos, is one of my top three all time favorite death metal albums.

Severed Survival is classic stuff, really like that album. Haven't listened to Realm of Chaos in a while but Bolt Thrower always deliver.

The hell? You can appreciate old BT but not prime old Incantation? Weirdo. I haven't listened to Golgotha and Mortal Throne in awhile, time to change that.

I really like those albums but I feel that Incantation have done just as good or even better with their later efforts. Same with Immolation and their first two albums.

One of my favorite albums of recent years :kickass:

Same. Amazing that as much as I love their earlier thrash material, they/Hubert managed to reinvent their sound with improvement across the board. Massive improvements in production, musical cohesion (i.e. it still has some of their trademark hectic pacing, but all the jerky/angular riffage was successfully melded together), and stylistic diversity (never thought I'd hear them do a basically-AOR/pomp ballad and especially didn't expect it to fit). I like to imagine that Ralf Hubert could keep aging (potentially even going back to his original plan of being a song-writer only), but continuing writing and hiring younger musicians to perform increasingly ambitious compositions.

98_volume_1.jpg

Really can't get enough of this. I leave it alone for a few weeks and it sounds even better upon revisiting.