Albums currently kicking your ass

You might want to check out 'Slow, Deep and Hard'. Their first album which more easily bridges the gap b/w Carnivore and Type O Negative. Essentially gothic thrash and doom all rolled into one.

Well some of the songs on the first one were meant to be on the next Carnivore record. I like those that sound the most like Carnivore there, so that's probably them.

^ True dat.

11581.jpg

Thy Serpent- Lords of Twilight. Some great 'dark metal' right here.

Dead In The Dirt - The Blind Hole

Dead-in-the-Dirt-The-Blind-Hole.jpg

Grindcore album of the year for me right here.

That's some vintage 80's Mac gaming-style art right there. :kickass:

R-4162058-1363884164-6075.gif

I just recently discovered this obscure gem. It sounds like a perfect blend of power metal with vicious thrash metal, but you could definitely call it speed metal and wouldn't be wrong. One of the most violent records I've heard over the last few years.

What is it? Image isn't showing and reverse image search won't work either.

Wondering why I've never heard this before

1zoj1xi.jpg

It's Horse Latitudes' first album droning doom with two bass guitars and vocals like lord vicar.

Normally I'd be listening to black metal with a foot of snow on the ground here in NY, but there's something beautifully icy and crystalline about this album that fits the weather so well.

1000x1000.jpg

1937.jpg

Inconsistent, but the best songs are awesome.

Sorry, didn't see it isn't showing. It's Powerlord The Awakening (1986).

I've listened to that one before, but not in quite a while. I don't really remember a thrash influence, or much at all about it except that it was strong USPM. I'll have to listen to it again. :kickass:

GgcqS.jpg

Fans of early progressive metal, USPM, and tech-thrash alike should check this one out. Pretty far on the right side of the prog metal bellcurve for 1990; even the Spiral Architect dudes cited this as an influence.