Albums currently kicking your ass

Last two posts ftw. Crapples, can't believe you hadn't heard THE ROAD until just now?! If I had known that I would have insisted you listened to them a while ago. Satanic Warmaster, esp. that particular album, is pretty damn good tbh.

I have a similar bone to pick with Isole, esp. on the new one. Too slick and nice sounding, and I'm not really a fan of it in general. Regardless still need to pick up Nescience.

Does it sound like the new one in terms of general style though? I also just didn't like how the new one sounds, kind of like...Candlemass + Opeth or something. I'm not the biggest Candlemass fan (they're good but still), and I dislike Opeth so I couldn't really get into it.

Does it sound like the new one in terms of general style though? I also just didn't like how the new one sounds, kind of like...Candlemass + Opeth or something. I'm not the biggest Candlemass fan (they're good but still), and I dislike Opeth so I couldn't really get into it.

It's a more classic doom sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey how about Battle Metal by Turisas. I always get a good kick out of that album. In fact I find it to be one of the most epic albums I've laid ears on. Definitly worth having.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey how about Battle Metal by Turisas. I always get a good kick out of that album. In fact I find it to be one of the most epic albums I've laid ears on. Definitly worth having.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnWO7iJZXDA

Great band and album, although they get lots of hate around here. Their second album, while a bit more sterile (a bit, mind you), is still epic as fuck. Great songwriting too.

YEa. I like the title track of Holmgard and Beyond. Good album to hit up on if you like traveling on boats LOL. Really it fits the theme.

2102.jpg