Albums currently kicking your ass

I still can't get enough of this fucking album. Me and Shield Anvil of Caladan Brood agree that, at times, this is Summoning at their very best.

Summoning-OldMorningsDawn-620x620.jpeg

I love that Hypomanie album too man. Its really the only album of theirs that stuck with me when I checked out their material. Id like to revist their other stuff and if it sticks or not again, but I remember it being kinda bland.

What kind of music is the other band?

I tried Hypomanie's other stuff and it was really not that great. Kinda sucks when a band only seems to hit the mark once, but hey. Once is better than zero, right?

We Lost the Sea is really excellent post metal. Like an extra depressed Pelican or Isis. Only thing that sucks is the vocalist killed himself right after their 2nd album got released, and I don't know if the band is actually doing anything new now.

A bright, raw, garage-rock sounding tonal quality. The best example I can give of it is Lee Ranaldo's sound in Sonic Youth

Reminds me of a grungey shoegaze hyrbid. Thanks for shedding some light brosef.

We Lost the Sea is really excellent post metal. Like an extra depressed Pelican or Isis.

Sounds promising!

Currently kicking my ass:

yob-elaborations-of-carbon.jpg

Without a doubt my favorite YOB album.

Now that I can hear this at full quality and not a shitty SoundCloud stream, it's even more devastating.

Cult Leader - Nothing For Us Here
gVfOrx7l.jpg

Soundtrack for horror, here.

Thantifaxath - Sacred White Noise
OH0MUig.jpg