Albums currently kicking your ass

packshot.gif

I've decided this is my favorite album of theirs. When every song is potentially the best song on the album, that's a solid record.

Agreed! Every track is awesome on that.

New UFOmammut is killer
Ufomammut_-_Ecate_1423061908.jpg

489952.png

I havnt heard something this monumental in a long while.

A huge contender for black metal album of the year, if not the past few years.

And as much as I did not want to post it, you caught me in a good mood. Youre welcome Ozz.

This is: Misþyrming - Söngvar elds og óreiðu

^ that album is killer!!! was lucky enough to snag it on vinyl. definitely a contender for AOTY if not AOTY. The Icelandic bm scene is really impressive these past couple years

Yeah my roomate lent me this and was like "You need to spin this, NOW!"

After listening to it I immediately looked it up on Discogs, and that shit is selling for over $100...

man, $100? Jeez… what a bunch of thieves. it was about $25 maybe a bit less.

edit: the label that released it is repressing it. no worries!

489952.png

And as much as I did not want to post it, you caught me in a good mood. Youre welcome Ozz.

This is: Misþyrming - Söngvar elds og óreiðu

But why wouldn't you want to post the title and band name? You don't want to share this wonderful music with all of us? How are we to expand our horizons if people are too lazy to spend an extra 4-5 seconds putting more detailed information but will take 30 seconds to bitch at me for asking them to put that information in their posts?

Stop being lazy and follow my instructions and I won't bitch.

I'm pleading from the bottom of my metal loving heart for people to do this. Maybe it'll get me to throw out all my metalcore ;-)

Why are you advocating laziness? If the person is taking the time to post a picture of the album, it shouldn't be too hard to add an extra 30 characters to the message.

Not only that, how am I able to do a Google search

IF THE FILE NAME DOESNT HAVE

ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE FUCKING ARTIST OR TITLE?

In short: lurk moar. Not all of us have the luxury of having listened to 30,000 metal albums in our lifetimes.

Again, follow my instructions and I won't bitch. Simple. Fucking. Concept.

I'm also appealing from a standpoint of the fact that I started the damn thread. I am not sure why I didn't ask that people do this at that time, but since I'm starting to explore more metal again I guess I just want to be able to quickly reference a thread without having to necessarily do a Google search and not yield what I want.

It's much easier to see an album cover here, think how interesting it looks, notice the name and title and try to find it on Youtube or Spotify right away. The other scenario is this:

1) See picture
2) Note how cool the album art is
3) Try to find information in the thread link
-Here, you may be able to kinda backwork your way to a site like metal-archives or wikipedia or something, but it's not that simple sometimes
4) Do a google search for the band
5) Find their M-A link
6) Look at the band's info
7) Go to online media to check them out

My logic is probably convoluted, but it's 8:30 AM so yeah

Yeah you can still image search on Google as long as you have the URL. Doesn't matter what the URL is, Google looks for similar images

But if you're going to take the time and effort to post a picture of the fucking album why not the band name and title. I'll tell you why, because you dip-shits think youre cool for being obscure, youre all dicks, grow up.

A) Its really not a big deal.
B) reverse image search, as Krow said. Paste the URL and Google will tell you. Google is your friend. Google is everyone's friend.
C) you're advocating laziness though. If you don't want to put the thirty seconds of time into doing a reverse image search, why should others put effort into typing the name of the album?
D) Its really not a big deal.

It's not a big deal, but it's mildly annoying to have to do a reverse google image search to find out what someone has been listening to when it's far easier for them to just tell you. Plus not everyone reads the site on a computer.

And let's be honest, it's also not a big deal to write what the album is called! Like Ozzman says, its a very simple courtesy.

I just dont understand how youre all too lazy to google the image... But not too lazy to google the band. Wtf is the difference?

Exactly.
It's not a big deal, but it's mildly annoying to have to do a reverse google image search to find out what someone has been listening to when it's far easier for them to just tell you. Plus not everyone reads the site on a computer.

And let's be honest, it's also not a big deal to write what the album is called! Like Ozzman says, its a very simple courtesy.

I visit this site EXCLUSIVELY on my smartphone. Its not difficult.