Albums currently kicking your ass

414146.jpg

The earlier albums with Bon Scott are ok to good, but after 1980.. The same fucking chord progression in almost every fucking song. Like some badly done boogie rock. Songs like riff raff have interesting riffs, have they lost all their creativity after Back In Black?

Honestly I feel like every AC/DC song is the same thing. There's a reason progressive rock is better than hard rock or "classic rock" for me. It's just far more interesting.

Meat and potatos is good for certain moods, how people listen to interesting music exclusively is beyond me.
But I wouldn't say ACDC lost their creativity after Back In Black, that implies they had some to begin with, this band was an attitude and energy band and without Bon Scott, their energy just became lame as fuck.

All the Bon era albums are gems in my eyes, but hey I'm also Australian, grew up on the band.

Meat and potatos is good for certain moods, how people listen to interesting music exclusively is beyond me.
But I wouldn't say ACDC lost their creativity after Back In Black, that implies they had some to begin with, this band was an attitude and energy band and without Bon Scott, their energy just became lame as fuck.

All the Bon era albums are gems in my eyes, but hey I'm also Australian, grew up on the band.

Ok, let me rephrase that. In Bon Scott era, they took a few basic chords and scales and made them sound interesting. I like the songs that sort of combine chords and single notes, like Riff Raff, Whole Lotta Rosie, Girls Got Rhythm, Beating Around The Bush etc. They lost that after BiB.

I agree with you about the energy though, it was probably more important than what I talk about.

album35023.jpg

Domains - Sinister Ceremonies

this came out in 2014 and i don't remember reading about it on this board although i haven't really checked frequently. it's mostly mid paced and should appeal to fans of Immolation and Morbid Angel's Covenant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abruptum rules. I haven't listened to them in a really long while. The track In Ictu Oculi, was the creepiest thing I've heard back in the teen years.

This is just on repeat. Sooo damn good. I need to learn the lyrics because they are just one of those bands.
a3779856394_5.jpg